Register now to get rid of these ads!

buick build update. it gets kustom flatz color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tin Can, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Tin Can

Tin Can

Its been awile since I have updated posts of my buick build on here. so here you all go. Let me know what you think of the colors. It is hot rod flatz sea foam green with a silver sled roof. Next steps are get the grill on, lower it some more, get it wired, and start on the interior. Hopin to have it drivable for the Hunnert.

Attached Files:

2. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

man that looks nice. saw that hot rod flatz has a plum crazy purple. man i want to paint my truck with it. is that stuff pretty reasonable? car looks real good. roof color fits perfect, just enough contrast.

3. Tin Can

Tin Can

I liked the paint. this is the first car that I have done all of the body work and painted myself. The flat clear was great and it is hard to run. I am going to make all of the inside sheetmetal shiny just to break it up a bit. Thanks for the feedback

4. Kool!What are those tail lites?

5. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

The color really suites the car. I like the tail lite treatment. I built a 53 a few years back and put a caddy dagmar front bumper on it because I never found a buick. car looks good. TP

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

I think it looks great.

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

56, the tailights are 55 plymouth uppers and 59 caddy lowers. Saw it in a magazine. Thanks for all of the input guys.

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Nice job... Looks real nice...

9. desertdroog

desertdroog

Did you color sand the roof or leave it as it sprayed?

10. SICBOY

SICBOY

Your Car Looks Really Great

11. Gator

Gator

That looks great man!

Here's a link to the website, the prices seem very reasonable to me, even for the pearls and metallics.

http://www.kustomshop.com/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=ksflatz.bbx

12. Tin Can

Tin Can

I did not color sand any of the car. The paint came out pretty smooth for a first paint job

13. v8spence

v8spence

Nice lookin 53.......
    love the rear lights.

as a note...
    I am after a pair of rear fender quarters to weld onto the rear of my 53 Buick but.....I am in the UK!
    can't find any 50's motors to donate the rear quarters.
    I am after something like 56 chevy or similar to your uppers, packard clipper?
    anyone want to help me out it would be appreciated!
    cheers,
    Spence

14. Tin Can

Tin Can

On mine i bought a set of 55 plymouth tailights with the bezels. Cut the quarter panel off straight in front of the original tailights, found where I wanted the new bezels to sit and welded material in to fill the gap. It turned out pretty good i think. I was wanting to use desoto lights but the prices were killin me.

15. Yaril

Yaril

very good stuff! i too am working on a Buick a 51. That paint is good stuff, i have used thier flake and it too came out great for my first paint job. Looking forward to seeing more updates on this one!

16. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

lookin good, nice work

17. desertdroog

desertdroog

I did not color sand my car when I sprayed the Carnival Red from them either. I just wanted to get another opinion from others who have used this product. Looks really good and the color combo sits well on that car.

18. kropduster

kropduster

nicely done! is the paint base/clear? i was under the impression that it was a 1 stage deal.:confused:

19. Tin Can

Tin Can

I used a clear thinking that it may help the paint last longer.

20. kustomkolin

kustomkolin
    from Herts UK

Neat job KK51.Now,if you could just get the car down to the same height as the grille/bumper it`d be perfect,LOL.The coluor scheme works well too.You gonna have any striping?

21. Donzie

Donzie

I'm digging the paint scheme. That is/will be one cool ride.

22. Tin Can

Tin Can

I am planning on having the car striped at the Hunnert car next month. I have all of the bags and suce to get the car where the bumper is sitting, winter project I guess.

23. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

There will be some talanted guys there... Peter Pan Of Chicago... Skratch just to name a few.

That garage you are working in would make for some artsy photos.:cool:

24. Tin Can

Tin Can

ok, so today I go to put the bumper on the buick and it is to wide. I was wondering why Ive been having problems lining things up. The guy that I bought it from had a fender, the bumper and the upper grill surround off another car. come to find out from the power of the HAMB the parts are off of a Roadmaster. Well it will have to work for now, I have been working on it to hard lately to not get it on the road lately. The shop looks cooler when all of the projects are in there, the studebaker just left to a new home, and the 28 that my cousin is working on is in his dads shop down the way from ours.