Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mn Ice races

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by partsdawg, Feb 2, 2023.

1. rusty valley

rusty valley

I feel like a celebrity now, thats me in the yellow high vis jacket between "Da Heap", and the Harly sevicar in Roadsir's post 24. Thank goodness my 15 minutes of fame is over now so I can go back to just being an old geezer

SS327, Jalopy Joker, Chucky and 2 others like this.
  2. wicarnut

wicarnut

We have a fair amount of different types of ice racing in northern Wisconsin I used to attend in years past, I rode snowmobiles 30+ years, many miles and fun memories, back in early 90's I decided to drag race on our local lake Little St. Germain, a big event, 2 tracks a 600 foot ice and a 600 foot snow track, ran 106 MPH and won my class, I spent around $500 on mods to win that $10 trophy. LOL Around 2015 or so the last event I attended the modified class was running in the 140's. A big winter event during the races in St Germain Wi. is the bikini run, raises a lot of money for charity, pretty girls drag race the 600 foot snow track in their bikini, helmet and boots, Take my word, Wisconsin women can do it all and the winner was at 110 MPH. We have the indy 500 of snowmobile racing over in Eagle river Wi., now a vintage week and the pro class week, have attended many, never got the bug for that but used to think about attending some local drag events, studding up a set of tires, never happened. Now they are running some circle track racing using stock cars and sprint cars with studded up tires, now too old, but it sure looks like fun to me, Crazy stuff.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    tractorguy, Budget36 and Roadsir like this.
  3. That is cooler than 8 inches of lake ice…

4. Epic! What was the track? Just a simple oval? Or more of a road race style track?

5. Roadsir

Roadsir

they had small oval, short drag strip, and a 2 mile course plowed around the lake. I was not prepared with studded tires to have any serious times!

El Hueso likes this.
  6. Busho

Busho

Dam I wish I would have known about this!

Roadsir likes this.