Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gray, TN Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Anybody go? It was today at the fairgrounds.
    Finally great weather and no plague, so the place was packed. Almost all the vendor spaces were filled, inside and out. Huge buying crowd.
    But as usual, not a lot of vintage hot rod or early Ford parts. More Tri 5 and C10 Chevy parts.
    But lots of late model s**t. I guess when you see LS parts it’s not a good omen for folks like us.
    Anyhow, this was in the car corral for you 57 Ford aficionados.
    530DFB80-BCB0-4DB4-BE78-E1DFC95624C4.jpeg
    062D4446-69B3-43A7-AD9A-64839DB061C5.jpeg
    08166C2A-4A74-46FA-A880-5E3C9B118632.jpeg

All I scored was a new Drake hood trim for my 41 pickup, a couple of finned 3-bolt carb block off plates and some NOS Delco pieces for my 283 sparkler.
    It was good to get out and mix with folks and just pick up some old dirty parts. AMEN!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Swap meets can be fickle. Meaning that the folks who show up with parts to sell may or may not be into what you are looking for.

Still when I bought my 48 in 1973 it was 25 years old and my daily driver is 25 years old. The model it is also has a big collector car following.

In 1973 the 32 Ford was 41 years old now a 41 year old car is an 82 C 10 and there were probably guys out there hunting parts for their "old classic" 82 C 10 that is way to hell and gone too new as far as Hamb Friendly goes.

Ya just gotta kill more Saturdays going to more swap meets and if you don't like what they are selling do as the old song says and "Just walk on by".

I need to sell off a bunch of stuff this year at a swapmeet about 60 miles or the one 20 miles away so someone may be saying how they hit the jackpot.

3. That’s what I like about swap meets. It’s the game or adventure of going with a list of specifics you’re looking for, searching through someone’s discards for just one thing that will move forward your project. It’s a rush for me to “strike first blood” and put something in my bag. The pieces I bought today weren’t even on my list, but the price was right for the Drake part that is out of stock and the carb block offs were just cool. Mission accomplished.
    Already excited about Nashville next weekend, without the stress of setting up as a vendor this year.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  4. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

How much was the Ranchero?

5. $12K asking! Phone number on the windshield

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics - hope others post more

7. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I thought about going, then decided to do something constructive around the garage instead. It sounds like I made the right call. I could use a few parts for the ‘55, but they’re fairly easy to come up with, early 50s Buicks not so much.

8. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

. Thank you

9. @WiredSpider truck looked pretty good, but the guy wasn’t around. The trim that goes around the top of the bed was painted and had a lot of rust holes. Bed was rhino lined. Didn’t raise the hood but it looked like a stock motor, maybe 352.(?). They’re good looking trucks.
    12K seemed high, but I don’t know much about their value.

if you want, I might could go look at it for you.

Bill

10. Which show in Nashville is next week? The big one that is at the fairgrounds?

11. @56don Yes sir, the big one. I’m going, but just to look. Can’t set up by myself any more.

56don likes this.
  12. I don't need a thing but I will probably still go. There may be something irresistible there that I just can't live without.