Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post deleted?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Dan Coburn, Jan 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Coburn

Dan Coburn
    from Kelso WA

I put up a post asking what the difference was between a hot rod a d a street rod. Came back here to check on it and it's gone? Anyone know why? I didn't post any pics or use offensive language, what gives?

2. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

There is no difference, they are ill-defined and subjective terms

BamaMav, scotty t and VANDENPLAS like this.
  3. Traditional hot rod's are simple built to look as though they were built before 1964, If you are unaware of what a street rod is pick up a magazine at the corner drug store. HRP

Budget36 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  4. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

TECHNICAL
    GUIDELINES: THE TRADITIONAL HOT ROD FORUM
    Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Aug 29, 2013.
    Thread Status: Not open for further replies.
    Watch Thread upload_2023-1-28_12-51-2.png Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    from Austin/Koloa
    Staff Member
    The Traditional Hot Rod forum is reserved for threads and posts pertaining to period correct hot rods only. Please use this forum for technical threads, build threads, historical threads, and feature threads only.
    We've set permissions so that you must chose a prefix for your thread. Those prefixes are limited to:
    1. Technical - This prefix is for tech threads and questions.
    2. Projects - Essentially, this prefix is reserved for build threads.
    3. Features - This is the prefix to use if you want to show off that super rare hot rod part or even a finished car.
    4. History - Reserved for threads focused on the history of traditional hot rods.
    For any other thread types (such as Event coverage, Art, etc...), please use the General Discussion forum located here.
    Note: If you would like to see all threads assigned to a particular prefix, just scroll down to the bottom of the forum to where is says "display options." Choose the prefix you want to limit the forum to and then click "show threads."
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    From The Desk Of
    Ryan Cochran
    ...........................................................................................
    Skating the same line since 1976
    www.atomicindustry.com
    RYAN, AUG 29, 2013
    !REPORT!SHARE POST#1LIKE
    19cafmwb34, Old RT3 Guy, 28Hud and 7 others like this.

lothiandon1940 and Budget36 like this.

5. Because they are all customs:):)

I thought the people not showing up thread would go first.

Whoodathunkit

alanp561, BamaMav, MCjim and 2 others like this.
  6. Easy answer here. Your original post was deemed to be extremely offensive due to the fact that your webcam was ON and we could clearly see your clothes WERE NOT!!!! :confused:

I get that mistakes happen but when your desktop is glass .... COVER YOUR ASS!!!!! :p

alanp561 likes this.
  7. Budget36

Budget36

@Dan Coburn this is what I referred to in your deleted thread. Keep in mind opinions vary like…ya know. But as it pertains to the HAMB, Ryan has pretty well defined what he wants. His house, his rules, we’re just guests.

lothiandon1940 and alanp561 like this.
  8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

OK I moved this to the questions and suggestions forum where it should have been posted in the first place. If this turns into a what is the difference between a hot rod and street rod thread it will more than likely get 86'd again. ( I am not the one that closed the other thread) This subject has been completely beaten to death and ground into the dirt here a million times. I would suggest that the OP look here at the rules for the site,
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-h-a-m-b-rules-guidelines.44274/
    If you still do not understand feel free to send me a PM

Sancho, lothiandon1940 and alanp561 like this.
  9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I deleted the post.. And as stated, that topic has been beaten to Death as Mark has mentioned..... take no offence.
    But if you're here and active on this site ,.... you should already understand the difference....Leaving that thread would just inevitably lead to flame outs, arguments and name calling.. in short.. DRAMA.
    Yea. so I cut it off at the pass.
    Again..... take no offence.

Sancho, 54delray, VANDENPLAS and 5 others like this.
  10. Not only has it been beaten to death, I seem to recall other threads started asking the same question in the past couple of years have also been deleted quickly. For reasons already given.

11. Dan Coburn

Dan Coburn
    from Kelso WA

Ok, nuff said. Thanks.

Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.