Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD...1959 Edsel Ranger - Half Price!

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by guthriesmith, Jan 14, 2023.

1. City: Guthrie

State: Oklahoma (Boomer!)
    Price: $7,500
    One of the koolest 1959 Edsel Ranger four door sedans in existence at least that is also a daily driver. My son got this car about a year and a half ago out of the Little Rock, Arkansas area and drove it home to Oklahoma. Since then, we have done multiple things to it to make it better.
    -Lowered with new springs in front and blocks in rear
    -Rebuilt front suspension and brakes
    -Rebuilt 1957 312 y-block
    -New wheels and radial wide whitewalls
    -New aluminum radiator
    -New dual exhaust with Smithy’s
    -Kool pinstriping on hood, decklid, and dash
    -New gas tank
    Car has been a daily driver for the entire time he has owned it typically putting close to 100 miles a day on it. He has had it in 5 states and it gets attention everywhere it goes. It does still need a few things but is also kool as is. Things that need attention include wiring, drivers door glass, window seals and fuzzies, seat covers, etc. Body is pretty decent overall with very little rust or dents. Car is by no means perfect, but that is also a big part of what makes it kool. Oh, and if you don’t like attention, this may not be the car for you since you can’t drive it anywhere without everyone looking at you and commenting on the car. Asking $14,500 OBO or possible trades.

Shoot me a pm or call or text Silas at 405-315-9171 with questions.

All work and tons of pics documented here on the HAMB.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-adventure-of-a-boy-and-his-edsel.1243415/

756D7CE8-EBCE-4A04-8908-36303846D03D.jpeg

2. Won't offend with offers... Surely someone NEEDS a pink Edsel? :cool:

Price dropped to $12,500 OBO

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    Scooterville and The_Cat_Of_Ages like this.
  3. Need to sell...dropping to $11,500 OBO

Guess I also failed to mention that this could come with a 59 Ranger 2-door hardtop parts car as well if someone was interested.

IMG_2910[1].JPG

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    The_Cat_Of_Ages likes this.
  4. Offers or trades?

5. Lowering to $10,500 for now and likely waiting until after tax season to go much below that.

6. Bump...will plan to be at the Daryl Starbird show in Tulsa in a couple weeks from now unless someone needs it before then. Make a reasonable offer if you are interested at all. :D

7. Seems Silas dropped his price again on 2FB marketplace again since he really want my old 67 C10, so I guess it should be the same here. $8500 now which I think is a WAY reasonable price for this car at this point. Surely some HAMBer needs an Edsel to drive. :D

You might call or text me actually since Silas seems to be worn out trying to sell the car. He actually pulled the ad off marketplace so this is the only place it is listed now.

Jeff Smith
    580-370-5852

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  8. I’ve been told that $8500 is a steal for a daily driven 59 Edsel with a rebuilt 312. :D Weather is good this weekend to fly in and drive home to wherever you live. :cool: We will be here all weekend to take your money. :rolleyes:

Scooterville and The_Cat_Of_Ages like this.
  9. Should be no issue to buy this now with all the winnings from that football game bet yesterday? :D

10. Now that we got Valentines Day out of the way, it would be a great time to buy yourself a treat! :D

11. I can't believe this hasn't sold yet at this price. Silas really needs it gone so he can buy a pickup project but is also talking about raising the price back up soon. Anyway, pretty sure this is a reasonable price that the car should sell at and as a dad, I am trying to help him get it sold before he raises the price back closer to where it started and then has to go through the whole rollercoaster again... Surely someone you know needs a good and kool driver with a rebuilt 312?

12. Just in time for cruising season...

The_Cat_Of_Ages and 05snopro440 like this.
  13. This is going to seem strange...but Silas decided to put an ad back on marketplace and he bumped the price back up to $12,500. Anyway, we will see what happens since it seems to be getting some somewhat serious bites at that price. :rolleyes: I suppose if he can sell it there for more money, that just helps him toward other things.

14. Still available...make an offer. Silas bought something else OT for here Tuesday night and now owes on a loan at the Bank of Grandparents so needs this gone.

The_Cat_Of_Ages and Okie Pete like this.
  15. Bump and price drop back down to $11,000...gotta pay for that new toy. :oops:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  16. Please make offers. Poor high school kid needs to pay back his grandparents for the loan on his car he bought last week. :D

17. Lowered to $10,500

18. Pretty much half price from where we started... $7500

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  19. Ok, we all know this is a pretty good deal at $7500...

05snopro440 and The_Cat_Of_Ages like this.
  20. Someone from Marketplace came to see Pinky last week, but she is still available.