Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The BIG ONE! Nashville swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Jan 23, 2023.

1. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I can’t wait. I’d love to see more early Ford stuff there, it was in the minority last year

2. lake_harley

lake_harley

Can anyone shed light on just how big this swap meet is? Along with a couple friends we have traveled to some pretty far reaching swap meets. Some have been good, some were rather disappointing. It would be about a 4 1/2 Hr. one way drive for us from Southeast Missouri.

I'm into Pre-49 stuff, have a waiting-to-be-built 241 Hemi, and am also building a 60's style front engine dragster. One fellow is into Mopar stuff (OT Cudas, etc.) and the other is a GM guy, (mostly into BBC parts, OT GTO's and OT Chevelles)

Thanks

Lynn

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. @lake_harley
    It’s pretty good size depending on the weather. 100,000 sq,feet indoors under one roof and 50,000 outside.
    Always a lot of GM, Ford muscle car stuff, not a lot of early Ford, but nearly always a few surprises of speed parts, new and old. There was actually some early Dodge hemi stuff a couple years ago!
    It’s also four hours for me from E. TN.
    I’ve been selling for many years, but probably not this year, even though I sold $2500 last year.
    Can’t get any help, and it’s a chore to do it alone, all for just a day. Maybe just go to buy.

This will give you an idea:
    http://www.thefairgrounds.com/facility/layouts.asp

4. lake_harley

lake_harley

Thanks, hotrodA! My friends and I might have to schedule a road trip.:D

Lynn

Algoma56 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's a great swap meet. It's big enough that you can get lost and a lot of sellers are loading up just prior to the 3:30 shutdown. If you see something that you think you might want, and the seller seems inclined to deal at all, you better jump on it. If you wait, thinking you're going to find that item somewhere else cheaper and can't, by the time you re-trace your steps back to the first seller, that thing you wanted is probably going to be gone. Speaking from personal experience.

Algoma56 likes this.
  6. tim troutman

tim troutman

planning on going hope parking is better than last year. is the construction done?

7. fuzzface

fuzzface

Cannot wait for swap meet season to start up here in Wi. I did get my Madison Classic flyer yesterday for the Spring Jefferson and Fall Jefferson so it is coming. Spring show is April 28-30, 2023. See it cost $15 to enter but no parking fee and I see they have a demo derby at both shows on Sunday at noon so that is new I think. For people that haven't been here they have 3100 swap spaces. I see no Elkhorn show again.

I hope you guys going to the Nashville show have great weather for it. Getting my flyer yesterday and seeing this post about the Nashville show got me itching for the season. I went from doing 10-14 shows a year, then cut it back to 7-10 shows a year as a spectator, then went cold turkey for quite a while and last year did 1 Jefferson show as a spectator and hope to do a few more this year, trying to get my mojo back into swing.

8. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My daughter and I are leaving at 4:00 A.M. Eastern time which should put us at the fairgrounds just about the 6:30 opening time and I know we'll be in line for tickets for a while. Now, all I have to do is force myself to sleep :D.

Desoto291Hemi and WTF really like this.