Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Omaha Nebraska In April

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom292, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

I will be doing a bit of a road trip to Omaha Nebraska towards the end of April from Manitoba Canada. Looking to see if there are any junk yards there or near that i could hit up or some cool car places in Omaha.

alanp561 likes this.
  2. @Rocky s garage is always a fun place to hang out

panhead_pete and alanp561 like this.
  3. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Check the online ENWI car council online events publication that's the (Eastern Nebraska/Western Iowa car council) the 2023 publication normally coordinates with the Lincoln Ne. swap meet in March, won't be available for another month or so if I'm not mistaken. however, the 2022 version is still online but keep in mind dates will shift with the new year. As for salvage yards, like everywhere iron prices have cleaned out far too many, the council book will connect you with plenty of sources to inquire. Ron

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    alanp561 and vtx1800 like this.
  4. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Don't trip over Rocky's rear tires they're hanging out there too! !

5. jaracer

jaracer

Go to Lincoln and see the Speedway Motors museum, it's well worth the visit.

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

What @jaracer said -- The Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed is a must visit. Plan at least three hours, usually more to walk through it all.

How long will you be in the area? If the weather allows, we may have our cars out at Omaha area cruise nights towards the end of April.

402BOSSMAN, alanp561 and tractorguy like this.
  7. Also, there are "cruise" nights almost every week night in Omaha except Monday. Cruising consists of parking in a parking lot and BSing with everyone. Dodgecruisehotrodroadsters36.jpg

8. Junk yards like there used to be around here have virtually disappeared or dried up. U-pull-its don't count. While there may be some small ones or groups of cars along fence lines or behind barns scattered around the rural areas, you have to get outside of the Omaha-Lincoln area to find anything. I do see some in southeastern Nebraska the closer you get to Kansas when I travel to Topeka or Wichita, but don't know what they have as most are fenced in.

alanp561 likes this.
  9. kb cookout

kb cookout

When is the swap meet at the Speedway Motors museum ??

thanks kb

10. gatz

gatz

LASR (Lincoln Area Street **** ) aka Speedway Swap Meet; March 4th
    Rocky Manginelli swap meet, Lancaster Event Center north 84th St, Lincoln, NE; March 5th
    The Rocky M meet has gotten to be huge….plan some time.
    I think there’s a car-parking fee now; used to be a contribution to Food Bank.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  11. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Plan on spending several+ hours there!

Bones

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

ENWICC Sunday`s swap meet. $5 dollar parking fee. To keep the cost down for the vendors. Otherwise, the swap meet spaces would have been higher. No food bank collection, they (food bank) couldn`t find any volunteers to man it. It used to be their biggest collection day all year.

54delray likes this.
  13. gatz

gatz

just so people aren't confused, stanlow69 and I are talking about the same thing.....

upload_2023-1-14_21-49-40.png

54delray likes this.
  14. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

I am going to be in Omaha from April 23rd to the 28th. I hope to at least see some cars cruising.

15. rusty valley

rusty valley

Lesuer county pioneer power swap meet is April 28 -30. 6 hours north of omaha, biggest event in minnesota.
    The meet was started by the antique tractor club, but really has grown to include just about anything you can think of.
    Old car parts, late model car parts, tools, antique tools, household antiques, even plants and veggies. Everything.

16. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

17. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

The swap meet at Speedway Motors in Lincoln was changed to this coming Saturday, April 22nd due to inclement weather.