Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features See Seattle Speed Shop!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Jan 13, 2023.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

See Seattle Speed Shop!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool shop. The kind of place where real stuff happens, I like it.

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Really like the p/u but then I'm prejudiced when it comes to old p/u's without shiny paint.:cool:

4. NoSurf

NoSurf

Matt is awesome. He's sending me a '33 rear bone I need for my new project.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’ve always loved his daily driver and have been watching his new YouTube channel as well. Fun watching his projects come together and the videos get better each time

6. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a frequent visitor to SSS. He sorted out my speedster's brakes a while back. Now I have half a Model A PU scattered about his shop. The other half is going up there soon. I'm always amazed at the cool stuff Matt has coming in and going out.

Below: My Mercury pays a visit:

20210722_131034.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Dustyp489, Rocky, J.Ukrop and 12 others like this.
  7. RyanAK

RyanAK

Matt is the finest kind of guy. He’s becoming a great friend. Nice write up, Joey.

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Good dude!
    Anyone that has a heart for imperfect dogs is A-OK in my book.

LWEL9226, Bdamfino, J.Ukrop and 7 others like this.
  9. Wow! @J.Ukrop. I am honored by this post man! I appreciate it!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and for checking out the channel. I'm very much still learning about filming techniques and editing is a big curve I am learning. I hope to continue to improve and put out some fun stuff for ya'll. We're just getting started, so stay tuned!

10. heavydumper

heavydumper

I've known Matt for years. So I can comfortably second all the good things that those above stated about him.

He's a good guy, and is a legit traditional hot rodder/old car guy.

Not that it really matters what I say. But I thought I would pile on to this love fest. His A pick-up, in the photo, is superb!

-Carl

11. Good to see Matt (and Charley) get some publicity!

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, I didn't realize that you had gotten moved yet. Had a gal over at Shilshole marina who had a 5 minute welding project on a handle (similar to a drill press handle) she had that I thought about checking with you on but That wouldn't have worked.
    The shop is looking good.

Spooky and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  13. guitarguy

guitarguy

Ive purchased from there before, Awesome to deal with. I didn't realize that was @Hitchhiker . Awesome for the props your getting, I know you've earned my business too. Thanks for being a good guy in the hobby.

Dustyp489, 41 GMC K-18 and Tim like this.
  14. Thanks! I don't know if real stuff happens but we're trying.

Nothing beats an old Ford pickup!

You might get two, if UPS ever finds the first one! Lol

Thanks for the kind words dude! I love your builds as well!

You're practically an employee. Except for the getting paid part. Seattle Speed Shop... "Where the hours are long and the pay is shitty"

Stop spreading lies. :D

Don't let Charlie hear you say he's imperfect. ;). Truth be told he's a very observant and smart little dog. Very "in tune". And being deaf makes him the perfect shop dogs. I've had previous dogs that couldn't take the noise.

I call him(joking) "The worst dog I've ever had" 1) because he "doesn't listen so good"(an excerpt from his adoption bio) and 2) I've been blessed with some VERY good dogs in the past. The truth is, despite his handicap, he is one of the best dogs I've ever had. He would be next level annoying if he could hear things like "walk" "ball" "Dinner". He's very smart. So honestly I wouldn't change a thing about him.

Hey Carl! Good to hear from ya! Carl let me drive his bitchin 32 5 window, the first and only 5 window I've ever driven. I only ground the gears a couple times too! :eek:

Hopefully we'll see ya soon!

I probably could have helped her out. I'm still down there a bunch, and have lots of connections in the area.

Thanks for the kind words and the business!

NoSurf, warbird1, 41 GMC K-18 and 5 others like this.
  15. One more thing....I dove in, and learned how to do thumbnails tonight. It inly took me a little more than 2 hours, and 10 minutes of editing. Hopefully a little more eye catching! Thanks for the encouragement to improve!

I must admit, I stayed away from computers for a long time. Mainly just didn't care. I'm not a computer guy. But there are things I have wanted to do, and well...in the past people have been less than reliable. So I decided to learn how to do things myself. It's been eye opening the things I am capable of...

For instance...I hold 1 of 10 proofs of a sticker that I designed myself on a computer. I'm not saying it's great. Or the best logo ever. But the experience gained was monumental and I feel like with a little time and effort I am unlocking a skill that will help in many different aspects.

IMG_20230106_175907_01.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  16. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like your style Hitch.

41 GMC K-18 and Hitchhiker like this.
  17. I couldn't have said it better.
    No BS or drama, just cool hardware & a loyal dog.:cool:

Dustyp489, 41 GMC K-18 and Hitchhiker like this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

What program are you using to edit them? A dozen years ago I was using iMovie on my
    Phone and couldn’t believe how much better/easier it was - especially with my sausage fingers- to do it on an iPad.

It does feel like you learn this stuff exponentially, as soon as you get the base stuff sorted out and get a feel for where the tools are you’ll really
    Start gaining ground.

I use to use it to make stop motion videos, talk about tedious!

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  19. For the thumb nails I used Adobe. I didn't realize I needed to load them separately to the videos. I basically cut what I don't want in go pro Quick. Then stitch them together with another program. Then upload. The thumbnails are completely different. Just take a picture and insert titles and then upload those to specific videos.

41 GMC K-18 and Tim like this.
  20. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Neat presentation and way cool shop.
    Man, I have get my stuff organized like you!!

Hitchhiker and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  21. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First of all, I want to say thank you for the existence of the H.A.M.B., with out it, I would have never met
    @ClarkH and @Hitchhiker
    A variety of my parts and obscure items now live at Clark's, and two of my vehicles, and other cool parts, now reside in the ownership of Matt and Charlie, with a soon to be added, third totally unique, mystery machine "PEZZ".
    Matt's shop is one of the coolest shops around, and there are a variety of us that are patiently waiting for spring to happen, so we can resume the " HAMBURGERS AND HOODLUMS " once a month gathering at the Longhorn Saloon, in the little town of Edison.
    At one of the HAMBURGERS and HOODLUMS meetings, Matt's friend had cool buttons made to give away, and they are very cool.

IMG_7841 (2).jpg

That entire button thing really inspired me to get creative as well.
    On Thursday 1/12/2023, there was a gathering of old friends, for a memorial, that knew Rick Young,
    " AKA "WALLY WALRUS" at Ricks old shop, which is now BALLARD PIZZA.
    I got in touch with Matt, and he did the lettering for the now famous "RYSL" commemorative button's, that were given away, to those that attended.

IMG_7792 (2).jpg

So, many thanks to Matt, for his evolving computer skills, and the inspiration to do the button thing!
    It brought a lot of smiles to those, that got a "RYSL" button.
    Thanks to @J.Ukrop, for a great write up about Matt and Seattle Speed Shop.
    Thanks from Dennis.

J.Ukrop, NoSurf, Budget36 and 3 others like this.
  22. Matt’s a great guy! Never met someone who has obtained the parts he has, in the fashion and time he has done it. I’ve done a bit of horse trading with him over the years I’ve known him. Good write up Joey!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    J.Ukrop and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  23. IronTrap

IronTrap

I visited Matt at his new spot this past summer during one of my trips and he’s as legit of a dude as you could hope for. No attitude, has tons of cool shit, and was happy to give an “internet friend” a tour and treat me like an old friend he’s known for years. Excited to be able to follow along on your adventures!

P.S.- I can second Matt having a big stash of the “good stuff”. When I couldn’t find an original internal door pull strap for my 32 Roadster he had like 10 and I had it in no time! In this day and age of internet scammers it’s better to deal with verified sellers like Matt/Seattle Speed Shop. I’d rather spend a little more and know I’m actually going to get my shit than some dude in a far away country pretending to be a hot rodder on a Facebook group…

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Figured I’d scribble his daily driver this afternoon. A0B144FB-0AA6-434A-9CF7-6593E4038804.jpeg 100% the reason I fantasize about daily driving a nearly stock model A. Now if I could fit into a stock A pickup with out a big shoe horn lol

Dustyp489, nosford, J.Ukrop and 2 others like this.
  25. uncle buck

uncle buck

now I am challenging you to creatively integrate a background picture of your pickup int the logo ….

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  26. uncle buck

uncle buck

Shit! How about working with Tim on using his illustration he posted as I was typing? What do you think @Tim ?

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  27. Possible. I messed around with that.

Talking with Tim now, I was thinking a shirt?

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  28. uncle buck

uncle buck

that’s a great idea

29. Darkhorse

Darkhorse

Carl, (Heavydumper), I introduced me to Matt years ago. Have seen him at swaps from Monroe to Portland. Great guy with many cool parts and solid knowledge. Real deal.

30. That's my second project! It was a fun break from the logo/sticker project

Good to hear from ya Keith! I'm gonna put that 59ab I got from ya in the blue channeled roadster.

Thanks for the kind words bud! I gotta say, you and I are cut from the same cloth and thanks for all the encouragement and friendship. I'll be over east soon enough.

Haha. I'm over here dreaming about Tudors thanks to you and @RyanAK

I always enjoy our talks! And you find some real good shit! I wish I'd found that chrome deuce grill at Monroe that one year! I think that was the last fall Monroe ever? We hit the c-vid after that?

Tim and 41 GMC K-18 like this.