Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Shipping 36 Ford to Hawaii

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe DeBattista, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Joe DeBattista

Joe DeBattista

Asking the HAMB for help. We took on a 36 Ford project for a customer from Hawaii, her late husband had the car built in Southern California and we did some little touches to the car. Now we are trying to help her in shipping the car to the Big Island. The car does not have a working E-brake (which we could add I suppose) and also has Air Ride. Has anyone shipped a modified or project vehicle to Hawaii. I would think if someone buys a project car in Hawaii it would not have a working emergency brake.
    Just curious if any of you have shipped a modified car to Hawaii before??
    Also if anyone knows any good shops on Mainland Hawaii to help her out with small stuff once it arrives it would be great to provide her with some references.

2. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Contact Chris Casny . He shipped his car over when he moved to Hawaii. I think he is here under Casny

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  3. Take off items like hood ornaments,outside mounted mirrors...anything that can get snapped off cause they will. Remember that ships roll no matter how big they are. If they rock enough they might pop a car out of gear/park. I would do a parking brake.

4. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

His name is @Chris Casny ,maybe he will chime in and share his experience.

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Several years ago I had a friend move to Hawaii and shipped his OT p/u. No more than 1/4 tank of gas and nothing allowed inside the vehicle IIRC. I'd check with the shipper you are going to use to make sure of ALL their requirements.

chryslerfan55 and Special Ed like this.
  6. clem

clem

this…….

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Special Ed

Special Ed

I shipped my mildly customized '55 Chevy over here to the Big Island when we moved back here exactly one year ago. Casney is over on the island of Maui, but I'm certain it's basically the same thing there. The emergency brake is a non-issue, and so is the Air-Ride system. There's a dedicated shipper in California that ships vehicles to all of the Islands here on a weekly basis. PM me and I'll fill you in on what's up .... :cool:

8. Joe DeBattista

Joe DeBattista

Thanks so much for your reply Special Ed. I will send you a PM today.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stick it in a 20ft box and ship that.

partssaloon and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. I recently shipped a non op. 64 Plymouth , The hand brake was an issue. PM for details shipped a few cars.

Special Ed likes this.