Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot rod podcasts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by denis4x4, Jan 21, 2017.

1. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Spending time on exercise machines and looking for hot rod/automotive pod casts. Adam Corolla is pretty good, but there have to be others. I'd like to find the guys that interviewed Ryan about four years ago in Long Beach.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Willy_P

Willy_P

I subscribe to the motor trend channel on YouTube.
    Couple recent shows helped me with my selections exhaust manifolds and exhaust system
    Freiberger and finnegan cover road kill, drag week, zip tie drags,etc.
    And a little off topic is the dirt every day shows on that same channel, so it sounds like you're looking for entertainment as well as HAMB friendly.
    Check it out, and it may or may not be what you're looking for
    Bill

chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  3. CJ 56 hemi

CJ 56 hemi
    from NJ

The smoking tire is more mainstream car stuff but I like the guys and it can be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Leakie

Leakie

Try Street rod & custom , some good podcasts, some not on topic but some good stuff.

5. I like listening to CarCast mostly because I think Adam Carolla is really funny, but really all of the high end super car stuff just puts me to sleep. Do you like Chip Foose, guys like that, Mazerattis or Aston Martins? There's your podcast.

You could try "Fly in the Ointment" podcasts. The creators are Hambers.

6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Ok I'm interested too but I am old so what the heck is a podcast ?

stanlow69 likes this.
  7. Basically, listening to audio content on demand through your computer (phone, tablet, ipod etc.). The podcasts are like broadcasts in that new content is released on a regular basis, and you tell your device to grab the latest "episode" when it comes out, then save it for you so you can listen to it later. This all happens on the internet.

Kinda like the idea of programming your VCR to record Family Feud with Richard Dawson, then coming home after a hard day of installing Ma Belle rotary telephones, then popping a tv dinner in the gas oven, sitting in the old lazy boy, munching down salisbury steak and little chocolate cake as you watch it instead of Dan Rather.

Or, like having your sister record Wolfman Jack for you on casette so you can listen to it later, like on a hot date, or cruising Main St on Sat night. IMG_1485276503.190644.jpg

8. I always enjoy listening to Chrome Pipes & Pinstripes by friend and fellow HAMBer Travis Scanlan (travisfromkansas) at www.royboyproductions.com especially if you want to listen to interviews of folks in the traditional hot rod and kustom world.

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I second chromepipes and pinstripes

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Do yourself a favor (and I know this is off topic), but check out:

1. This American Life
    2. Radio Lab
    3. Criminal

chryslerfan55 and cactus1 like this.
  11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

ill 4th royboy and chrome pipes and pinstripes

12. Chrome Pipes and Pinstripes - Travis always has some pretty good content and he's interviewed quite a few HAMBers.
    http://royboyproductions.com/

Bomb-City Podcast - He interviews quite a few SF Bay area custom car builders and artists. He has a really good interview with Gene Winfield, plus guys like Dirty Donny, Bill Ganahl from South City Rod and Custom (Pat Ganahl's son), and Juan and Jesus Espinoza from Deadend Magazine just to name a few.
    http://bomb-city.com/

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  13. kingfishhotrods

kingfishhotrods

Hot Rod Blues, Episode 4, Antiquing With A White Trash Hugh Hefner

14. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

15. indyjps

indyjps

I've been watching a lot of YouTube "bring car back to life" "replacing quarter panel and floor" " shooting paint videos"
    I've done all this before, but I like seeing someone else's method, been picking up some ideas.

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I don't know how I never saw this post until today! Thanks to all the folks that recommended my podcast. Chrome Pipes & Pinstripes is still going strong, just released episode 220 with Rick Love of Vintage Air.

17. You might also check out the Custom Kulture Rodcast( presented by that gang of crazies at Koolhouse publishing)

Budget36 likes this.
  18. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

Oil and Whiskey with the roadster shop has some good interviews.

19. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

It's actually Murphos Publishing now :)

20. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

Bombcity podcast even though nick has stopped and I’m sad lol

travisfromkansas likes this.
  21. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Yeah, I miss those too!

22. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

The Muscle Car Place is a good one to listen to. Also Kibbe and friends.

travisfromkansas likes this.
  23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Yes! Rob does a great job with both of those shows. I used to edit the video version of KAFS when they used to do it.

chryslerfan55 and 65pacecar like this.
  24. Though primarily a lowrider podcast, this episode of "Drifting on Memories" is worth checking out. In this episode he interviews Steve Gonzalez, who as a high schooler in the 70s built a very traditional '50 Merc that appeared on the cover of Street Rodder in an era when nobody was doing that. Many credit him for reviving the interest in traditional customs. He references Pat Ganahl, Greg Sharp, Bill Hines, and the Barris' among others and talks about being one of Lowrider Magazines first employees in the 70s-80s.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...uilder-historian/id1495054440?i=1000593554349

Street Rodder 1977
    StreetRodderAugust1977Cover1-vi.jpg
    Gonzalez1950MercArticle1-vi.jpg

Steve-gonzales-1950-mercury2.jpg