Register now to get rid of these ads!

'33-'34 Mopar Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Bought a cheap camera today. 6 megapixels my ass! Oh well I kept the recept. Anyhoo, finally got my doors and did a little mock up...Pics are crappy but I sat in the garage for several hours just lookin' at 70+yr old rusty car parts. Been a hot rod nut since I was 8 or younger( 10 years ago I found the '76 issue of Hot Rod, I still remember riding to the store in Uncle Larry's homebuilt 327 4 speed '63 Chevy Truck and him buying it for me). I've had a few cool cars, but none much older than 20 yrs. But lookin' at these old pieces made me think of guys in the 50s and 60s buyin' and old body for $5-$10 and makin' it happen. Oh well enough ramblin', gotta finish my beer, get to bed and dream about flyin' this thing down the road.

2. Shit-files too big! Johnny 1290 can you hook a brotha up?

3. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

4. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

Something is up with Photbucket right now.
    Its acting up and takeing a LOOOONG time to upload and its blanking out some of this picture.
    [​IMG]

5. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

6. Thanks a heap Mad-Lad. And of course the late model pickup truck wheels aren't gonna be on this thing!

7. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

my '33 Dodge...

Attached Files:

8. Reprisal

Reprisal

9. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Here's my friend's Desoto. He says he built it but O think he's lie'n. Check out the second pic!

10. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

OOPS! Try this

Attached Files:

11. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Heres my Plymouth. I think these early mopars stylewise hold their own with anything Henry ever built.

12. My buddie's on his way over to start cuttin' and weldin'. Will post daylight pics.

13. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Hey Richard. I recognize that rider side door !!! The patina is a perfect match.. No need to paint that sucker.. Have fun with your project - looks like a good one....

14. Unfortunately, my cowl and driver's door arent as nice as the door you sent...Cowl is almost all surface rust and needs patch panels on both bottom corners.

15. 33 Dodge

33 Dodge

Anyone out there have a 33 34 dodge Ply, coupe body? Maybe a body with no doors? I have a spare set of coupe doors.

16. Chopped the door frames and split the wishbone tonight, pics to come...

17. Pics are too big... Gonna get a new camera tomorrow.

18. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

Here yah go Rich....sorry it took me a couple days. Ive been busy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. coryw

coryw
    from Omaha, NE

My Dad's 34 Plymouth sedan. I'm almost 31 and he's had the car longer than me :)

Attached Files:

20. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I have the majority of a 33 plymouth sedan that was chopped if anyone is building one... the sheet metal on the rear quarters is really nice- its missing the cowl- and the doors had the handles cut out-

I think the lines rule... they look alot like a 32 ford sedan.

21. wayfarer

wayfarer

Tree and Cory, what kind of front suspension are you running on your cars? I have a friend with a restored '34 plymouth 4dr sedan that wants to build a rod out of it. He keeps going back and forth between what he wants to run.

22. Thanks, Mad-Lad. These pics show where I've made the first cuts on the door frames and trimmed the windshield frame above the visor. I still need to shape the doors where the frames were removed, I may use bits and pieces of the frames to continue the beltline. I may also cut down the windsheild posts before welding the visor on. Opinions???

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Do you need a visor if it is a roadster?

24. coryw

coryw
    from Omaha, NE

My Dad's car is running a Nova (Camaro is same thing) subframe that he put on in the early 80's (maybe even late 70's). It is a little too wide stock and if he was doing it now he'd go mustang2 stuff (aftermarket). Since he sub-framed it, the only way he can do anything different is to get a replacement frame. I think that's one of the few regrets he has on the car (besides swapping the big block chevy for a SBC) but when he did the sub-frame it was probably the best option available.

25. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

Mustang II, manual rack, 1" narrowed a-arms, 2" dropped spindles. Steers and rides like a dream.

26. The roof on these cars was pretty tall above the windsheild. I'm also building a roadster from a coupe. The top of my windsheild frame is paper-thin, cracked, rusty shite, besides I think the visor gives it a more finished look.

27. Rocco

Rocco

i love the look of the 30's plymouth's

28. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yo. . . tucker. we needa talk about that sucker man.

my yard art coupe, an your c-dan. . . might be able to make a bitchin frankinstien rod out of all that shit . . .

fuck, seriously dood... PM me SOON. :cool: i'm gettin wood here