Register now to get rid of these ads!

another noob south jersey

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by johnnyboy, Aug 31, 2006.

1. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

figured i'd make the first post say hey to everyone. i just picked up a 49 ford and can't wait to make it a daily beater/take out of state kind of car.
    i defied my muscle car upbringing by getting into the watercooled vw scene. they're a great group of people. oem+ is the goal in that scene. we shun those with vynil decals, wings, and over the top body kits. our goal was decent performance, superoir handling, and a euro trash look. the punk/alternative scene is dominant in the vw world which is another great aspect.
    so anyway i've always liked the classics. attened shows since i was a child. i have a full history of autobody, mechanical, and now towing. i've restored my share of musclecars but am ignorant to the inner workings and structures of the old shoeboxes and other pre-muscle vehicles. i'm excited that i'm learning about cars all over again, yet i'm feeling kind of stupid doing it.like a pull handle refridgerator, i wonder how these things are still working.
    like most in this scene,or any, i have a top ramen budget.as far as the mechanics, i have that locked down. i need a front bumper though, and fabing up brackets isn't an issue. i'm here to find parts connections, and some great suggestions on swappable parts.
    if you have any great swap part suggestions please let me know!! i'll post pics tomorrow when it's light out and i figure out how to on this forum.

2. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

[​IMG]thanks.. pic test!!

3. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

4. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

5. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

6. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Rad man, looks like a pretty great starting point. You can get sandwiches from the homeless shelter and spend your ramen money on parts.

7. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

Welcome to the HAMB johnnyboy, Unique Auto junkyard in Jackson might have the front bumper you're looking for. or u could try Restoration Chrome.com and get a new one. where the hell's Sicklerville?

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I love the car. I was gonna buy one just like it from Ralph DE Cosmo years ago.

9. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

thanks for the replies guys. i have already set up penny jars at the convience stores so i won't have to eat the homeless sandwiches.
    thanks for the tip leaky pipes. i'll be sure to look into unique auto for some parts. sicklerville is 10-15 min from philly. surrounding towns are washington twp (sewell), deptford, williamstown. if you have ever heard of the atlantic city expressway, i'm right where it begins. 40 min drive to a.c.

10. ratrodgirl4life

ratrodgirl4life
    from Virginia

love the shoebox and welcome from kentucky

11. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

why thank you!! nice avatar

12. ratrodgirl4life

ratrodgirl4life
    from Virginia

thank you, it's me!

13. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

this car so kicks ass. i had a week to get it to the hotrod hoedown. the cruise group had to wait for me to finish so we could leave. i jumped in the car and made it to delaware without any hangups. the maiden voyage for this vehicle and it went clear out of state. the ford handles and rides great. even with the 3" rear drop. it was running rough which i believe was a vacuum leak which is now fixed but did 60-70 the whole way with no problems. the ride back with beercans jammed in the grille and multiple beerstains on the hood,roof and, deck helped give the ford a little more attitude. i lost half of my cans while making a u turn at 2:30 in the morning. kinda funny hearing them shoot across the road. the pranksters didn't do a good enough job installing them i guess.
    [​IMG]

14. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

if any of the deadbeaters catch this i would like to say thanks for the help guys!! here's a good shot of the weak 3" drop i put on it. it definately needs to go lower.
    [​IMG]

15. gearhead55

gearhead55
    from philly

hey johnny!!!!!!

CHAINSAWWWWW!!!!!!

WHOOOOO!!

you should bring that thing to the drive-in this friday night!!!
    lets see if can keep up with the chevy again....

16. LuckyFink

LuckyFink

I may have singlehandedly put just as many cans in your grill the other night at the drive-in.

17. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

haha this is soooo true... i think it was twice as many this time around. thanks for finding me guys....i lost so many cans on the trip home from the drive-in....it was awesome...30 miles and still dropping cans!!

to update things... i'm now at 600 miles daily driven and the only problems i have had is running out of gas. a 8 gallon tank doesn't last long... i guess it takes time to figure that out with the only gague not working is the fuel.... and a 9 dollar gas can that was a no other option purchase. but hey! i'm still runnin!!

18. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

much love smitty!!! thanks for all the help bro!!! keep in mind that all of my 90 ponies in that v8 are american.... so that means that 20 of them work, while 70 of them watch them work.