Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration That junk pile got a name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Dec 6, 2022.

1. gene-koning

gene-koning

We are creative here. Most of our vehicles get named for the model year. Its easier for my wife to keep track of what ever we are going to leave home in.
    My coupe is "The 48", but sometimes referred to as "the Coupe" though some people call it "117"
    My truck is "The 49".
    When the 50 Dodge 4x4 was around, my son named it "Big Blue" because it was blue the last 10 years of its life, and it was pretty big at almost 8' to the top of the roof.
    The 48, The 49, & Big Blue (notice the car behind it?)

Attached Files:

2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Actully, when I get mine painted, it's going be called "Big Red 1"
    000_1836.JPG

3. I named several of my buddies cars. Miss Helen, based on paper work found in car. The vomit cyclops, comet cyclone. There were others but i’m too lazy to continue

4. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Fat Bottom Girl.jpg Learned that in WW 2 the Canadian Royal Air force used the code word Tickety Boo to mean their mission was on schedule, so I named my bracket car Tickety Boo.
    When my race buddy passed away and I sold Tickety Boo as a roller to purchase his 56 Chevy straight axle gasser project. Also sold my 48 Ford Coupe that I would call my Fat Bottom Girl ;)

The 56 turned out a way bigger job than planned and had to cut off the back half to start over with new rails, so I'm going to name it HACKSAW :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  5. spudshaft

spudshaft

My wife would probably say “the junk taking up all the room in the garage.” Too long to paint on the door though

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My daughter named my 48 "Little" for little red truck when she was two in 1982 just after I painted it and we took it to the Chevy-GMC Truckin Nationals in Ogden.
    That name has stuck for the past 40 years. For a few years we also had "Big" a 75 Chevy K30 4x4 crew cab.
    [​IMG]

WC145, Ragged Edge, Okie Pete and 8 others like this.
  7. jaracer

jaracer

Used to call my T-Bird the other woman.
    57 Home 04.jpg

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Not really.
    On the other hand, because I always like working with the shop doors open in the Summer I'm betting the little neighbor girl thought it was called "Son of a bitch".

chryslerfan55, WC145, i.rant and 11 others like this.
  9. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

Mine is Little Blue, 'cause I also had a 3/4 ton '49 flatbed that was called Big Blue, black and white '46
    was known as the Panda Bear, and my '40 Chevy was the Pumpkin...
    54 truck 2.JPG
    46 coupe 10.jpg pumpkin early (2).jpg

chryslerfan55, WC145, enloe and 9 others like this.
  10. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

My two are "baleful" my 33 dodge 5 window. And the triple crest roadster... my little custom late 20s windy topper

Okie Pete and 427 sleeper like this.
  11. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Randy, is that the same car that you built the Larry Watson "Grapevine" copy out of ?

12. Crocodile

Crocodile

I call my 33 "Bob", because he was the family friend who built it, and I bought it not only because it was a piece of my formative years, but also to keep it largely the way he wanted it. Bob was one of my Dad's dearest friends, and a hero to me growing up. And a total blue oval guy. The thought of it being bought to be reconstructed with a Chevy in it is not really acceptable.
    Bob's name for it was "Baby". He was a slightly gruff, all business kind of guy most of the time, so I find that kind of interesting. But I can't have a car named "Baby", so I refer to it in reference to it's creator, and everyone in my part of the world gets it.
    I do not name my other cars. Maybe one will inspire me to do so in the future, but it will not be the norm.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55, WC145, enloe and 7 others like this.
  13. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

My H. S. buddies named my 49 Wayfarer ( it's a Dodge ) The Lamb Charger
    Later on my 50 Plymouth was known as The Road Runner. We ran the interstates everywhere.
    The 56 Hemi Dodge was known as The Coupe. Said so on the registration
    Decades later my Wife pushed me to get another 50 Plymouth she quickly named Happy Car
    Off topic vans Old Blue, Big Red, and Chip; all referenced by the paint
    Forgot to mention, cause it came with the car.
    My 24 tudor T ( a survivor ) was named Petunia some time in its past

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    chryslerfan55 and Okie Pete like this.
  14. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had alot of name's for my pile... None of them are fit for discussion on a public forum though... :oops:

15. My kids name my cars .

my 50 fleetline was “Doc Hudson “

55 Buick was “ Betty “

63 merc was “ white whale “

the 40 merc is Bubba , previous owner named him , kids saw a pic with the personalized license plate and it just stuck .

As much as I love cars I don’t grow an attachment to them , I like it I buy it , I like some thing else I buy something else .
    Cars are fun not a commitment to me .

Oh and fu$& you no bike Lloyd !!!!!!:D

16. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

My better half calls my truck that piece if shit Chevy, she bleeds Ford blue. Yes its a mixed marriage.

17. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I owned her, I named her Rebecca, in reference to ( Rebecca of Sunnybrooke farm ) because we affixed this cool old paint by the numbers painting to the back door. She was a cool 55 IHC S-100.
    The guy I bought her from, built the cool shake shingle, dog house, so called camper shell.

rebecca on door (4).jpg kate and binder (2).jpg me with the 55 international.jpg

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

19. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Lowlife, though it's most often referred to as 'the Ford' by everyone.
    20220716_113423.jpg

20. My 53 Mainline I call "the 53", while my wife calls it the "POS"
    The first 40 Buick is named "the Lieutenant Dan Buick" (an inside joke between the seller and me)
    The second 40 Buick is named "240" (the second 40)

Okie Pete, Budget36 and 210superair like this.
  21. I never used to name my cars beyond things like "The 56", "The Chevelle", etc. However, when I bought my 56 Fairlane, it came with a name that happened to be the original owners name since it was the aunt of the guy I got it from. So, it is "Ruth". Then, my son named my Buick "Bob" which is short for "Big Ol' Buick". Then, my son also named his Edsel "Pinky" since it is pink and he names everything. He actually just got a little O/T S10 less than a week ago and it already has a name "Guido". Here is a pic of Ruth, Pinky, and Bob for reference... :p

IMG_5616[1].JPG

22. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Bob is a killer name.... Lol. My wife names all her stuff after actresses. Her ot wrangler was red, so Lucille, her new Bronco is white, so Betty, after Betty White....

23. garage2small

garage2small

I don't name my cars, but my last name is Brock and my A coupe is powered by a Y block Ford so a friend started calling it the Y Brock coupe and the name stuck.

24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I usually call my cars The truck, or the 52, The Elco or The Coupe, The Goat, The Wagon ect... but we were dealing with some heavy shit back when we bough the wagon & my wife decided she needed a name & "her" name would be "Sunshine" ... An obvious nod to the color and the fact we needed a little light in our lives at that time. The next day on the way to work I found a hand painted sign on a trash pile "You are my Sunshine" so fate was sealed, the name stuck. Screenshot_20221121-081728_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  25. I'm open to a good flaming!! But the level of pussy ass bitches here has more than doubled, they get off the computer and cry in their basement when I remind them that they can't even finish a car, or even make it run and drive, let alone name it lmao!!!!

26. Gasser_Dave

Gasser_Dave
    from St. Louis

Like many on this thread, my wife ultimately picked the name for my car. I was torn between Temper Tantrum and Rabble Rouser. She happened to come out into the garage one day while I was having a particular bad day working on it and was cussing like crazy. She picked Temper Tantrum then and there. 2.jpg

27. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After 50 years of bouncing around inside her, while banging the ol’ T10; I have become fond of referring to her as THE BUCKBOARD. If the shoe fits… D06EC5D1-59A6-4D39-8E5B-223479150778.jpeg

28. I get the "Sunshine" deal and can understand it being something to help get through a tough time. We all need a little light at different times. I like it. :cool:

29. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

30. little red 50

little red 50

I thought her name was going to be "Lucy".