Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any feedback on ATK short blocks?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Budget36, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Budget36

Budget36

Well Blueprint didn’t message me back yet, I’ll give them a call later today when I get up. I do have a few OT engines and may use one instead, but really don’t want to fiddle around with stuff we don’t talk about on the HAMB.
    Converting one of them is simple enough though, but would have to much compression for what I need. So I’d be back to tearing it down, etc, something I’m trying to avoid.
    @Jagmech I called around a few weeks ago and no one had short blocks and all were long blocks and they were pretty proud on the prices and pushing the “it’s ready for you right now” thing.
    After watching the video above, I know for a fact that none of the places I called have an outfit like Blueprint does.

egads likes this.
  2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It’s always “buyer beware”. I know a gentleman who bought a Roush Ford and had to be assembled with 3rd shift imbeciles who could not see or read. Ring gaps were way off and one set upside down and rod knock at 500 miles. He thought he was buying the best..

Budget36 likes this.
  3. bchctybob

bchctybob

Hey Mike, I don’t know how much of an engine you have lying around but what about CSD Engines up in Marysville? They always have a booth at the local swap meets and I’ve talked to a few guys at local events who had them do engines and they were happy. They will build it any way you want and I think they stock 383s because they are so popular. They do need a core though. I have a 327 under my workbench that I’ve been thinking of sending to them. You may be able to pickup an engine and drop off a core at the Stockton Swap meet. I’d call them.
    My red coupe has a 430 hp, 383 in it from Blueprint, it’s bitchin. I’m definitely a fan. The dyno sheets say it made 458 hp with a Holley on it. It has a gawdawful looking 750 Demon on it now that the PO installed because it was polished. It runs great though, solid sounding and fast. Not a mileage maker for sure. I’m truly impressed with it. (I put a hood on it to hide the modern look but it runs too good to mess with it)
    Here’s mine. A little too twinkly for my taste but if it ain’t broke, I ain’t gonna fix it. At least, not now.
    1BEDA0A8-1C4C-405A-90D3-04CC8D7E00A5.jpeg EA52F13D-3334-460B-B7DD-8A69A00F758C.jpeg

5window, Budget36 and egads like this.