Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Spalding Bros Repro, for "Too Tall" Ganahl.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Marty Strode, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Jim, I would doubt it would ever belong to the Peterson. We will have to have a party on it's first outing, and it would only be complete, with Pat's pals in attendance.

2. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thank goodness you hold the view that it will not end up on a rotation in and out of the vault. It needs to be seen (and heard) by the traditional hot rod public.

Just my 2c worth

3. KKrod

KKrod

The details of the car are simply amazing. Right down to the rear tire cross grooves done by Pat.

4. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Pat had never grooved a tire before, he contacted some of the oldtimers and bought a grooving iron from one of them. He did a flawless job ! We often lamented that we didn't live closer together, so he would have been able to do more of the fab work on the car. I do miss his phone calls, starting out "Hey Marty"!

5. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Marty, I think most rodder's envied that you had the opportunity to call him friend, I had a brief encounter with him at the National's back in the 90's when he was with Steve and the Rodder's Jornal. Wish I could have sat and talked to him all day. Him starting up Rod and Custom and building Project 53 was what inspired me to leave the world of Pro Street and Custom 4x4s and return to my roots in Rods and Custom car construction. Larry

Dean Lowe, alanp561, Jiminy and 2 others like this.
  6. JUSTLOOKIN

JUSTLOOKIN
    from SFV

Thats my picture, I posted it…. That picture was taken at Harold Whites house….the color you see in that photo has been altered withPhotoshop, so that is not the original color.

lumpy 63, Gofannon and stanlow69 like this.
  7. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Wow, thanks for filling in that bit of information. I would give anything, if Pat was still with us, as he thrived on tying up loose ends of information for historical purposes. So, what year did you take that picture, 52-53 ? Please tell us about the car in your Avitar. Thanks again.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  8. Gofannon

Gofannon

Thank you so much! I just right click and save, I should take more note in the future. Do you have any more pics?