Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ryan - History of the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

like @Baumi, I was scared off when I first looked in, it certainly was very edgy. I had been quiet for a while but visit often again.

I was hoping for some of these old images to show up,

chryslerfan55 and Baumi like this.
  2. I snuck through the door and into the corner and never left.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. F-head

F-head

I first joined in 1999, then I moved and didn’t get a computer again till around 2010?
    Seems like there were a lot more build threads in the old days and a lot less what color are your lug nuts? or what decals do you run?
    I miss the old Germ also

4. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I've tried it several Different ways and can't find mine.
    ed54cc68e9179fc6a1643e621c907ab2.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. twenty8

twenty8

On your avatar, place your cursor on where it says 'PROFILE PAGE' but don't click.
    A small blue? script box will appear down at the bottom left of your screen.
    Yours says: [https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/members/speed-gems.191851/] in the box.
    You are member number 191851.

6. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I see it now, thanks.

dudley32 and twenty8 like this.
  7. I tried, but I don't get the small blue script box.

8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

9. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you're using your phone and you have the auto rotate turned on turn it 90 deg, the process is better. You can see the full readout when you touch your name, bigger screen cap.;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Window's nope
    Firefox it comes up.

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Pretty sure my number is around 1500-ish.... but my browser doesn't allow me to see it.
    I actually joined in 1999.... can't remember my name..firepower392 or something..
    then I rejoined in August of 2003..but kinda just lurked in those between years.. and I think my original join status was eradicated between 1999 and 2003 due to an upgrade here.

Anyhow.. @Moriarity ..... confirmed it for me...

Man......gone by in a blink of an eye.

Thanks Mark!

13. There was a "reset" I believe in 2001. A lot of members who show join dates in 2001 were actually here before that...

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Yes.I believe you are correct.... I also remember having issues with connection and speed via the fairly "new"information highway.... and that was a reason I really never jumped in with both feet.(1998-1999 era)

15. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Thanks Mike for that Titus pic .. I think I'm 700 something..definitely lurked awhile... anyone remember that dude from Florida . Mike I think it was. Had the real high model A, mosquito something??

He was one of the first guys to comment when I introduced myself and tried to post a picture.

Sancho likes this.
  16. Truckedup

Truckedup

I first joined around 2001 but got lost and rejoined in 2006....there were some funny guys and some assholes like all message boards

17. 13 years in January that I joined…holy shit I’m old…

18. twenty8

twenty8

719...:)

Dooley likes this.
  19. Yup, the reset was March 2001 after the Pokemon board, maybe a little later. No idea what my user 3 was prior, nor do I care. I ended up #16 because I logged on in the middle of the night after Ryan and the German got the new board up. Most folks even @Germ on the West Coast were probably sleeping...or sleeping it off.....

chryslerfan55 and Sancho like this.
  20. My personal favorite. HRP

[​IMG]

21. Remember the decals? HRP
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  22. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

January 2004 Member 2029. I have not posted in years. been busy raising my twins. They are 17 at the end of the month. Still check in and snoop around once a week or so....Good times here......

chryslerfan55, Tman and Sancho like this.
  23. Our twins are 45 years old now, time flies brother. HRP

porkshop likes this.
  24. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Yes they do... I need to get my Willys up and going and post some progress on it. Been building a off topic car with my son (one of the twins) and my daughter is in all the water sports so time has been scarce....

chryslerfan55 and Sancho like this.
  25. I started to stumble across the H.A.M.B. around 2005 or so, while each time i tried to google some stuff i landed in the H.A.M.B.-thread 'vintage shots of days gone by' (part one, i mean), hell, that was and still is a daily fun to go through. what a variety of cool ole stuff. And this way this forum and all its surrounding became kinda fellow to me.

:) keep on!

26. I remember when I joined and did a HAMB BBQ, and Ryan gave me shit for copying the logo on my shirts! lol It all worked out. That was like in 04 maybe. I've been thinking about doing the HAMB BBQ again next year. We shall see.
    I lurked around the HAMB for a few years before joining. Back when GERM was king here...I'm 11,371

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  27. WOW, 17 years since I joined. #9987
    How time flies.

28. Germ

Germ

I’m still around.. I don’t know my number and I don’t care. I was booted and I also used several different names on the first board. “Demon” “Jack the germ” etc. I know when we first got started you’d wait a day and you’d only see 3 new posts. It was a big fucking deal when we could finally upload pictures. I’m almost 50 now and I’ve lived 120 years.

I have remained life long friends with a lot of guys from this board. I remember the first “meet and greet”
    And the first barbecue. Lots of stories could be told and some of them are often told as “folklore” we were just dumb kids from crazy lifestyles and Ryan decided to put us all together.

these days I use my fabrication to design complex piping systems and conveyor systems. I went away for a while in 2008 and when I came back in 2012 I went to Masterson’s (childhood friend) and he said “you wanna build a clone of the Tiago ranchero” I was like “fuck it” I’m game so I moved back down to LA and we went balls out on that creation and unfortunately I got back on the goods and the partying and ended up going away again for 2 years until 2014.
    I was released and hired an attorney to start taking care of my legal shit.

I’m still the same dude.
    I just don’t live like a loaded gun anymore.
    I have this mouth and it says all the things that are in a person’s brain but they have usually the sense to not say those things and that might have created problems for me with authority figures.

I do remember when we reached like 500 members it was a huge thing.

These days I’m a huge history buff. I study Kustom and Hot Rodding history and I pound the pavement to rescue vintage motorcycles and I’m a nerd for the restorations of those bikes but I still have that bad tough guy gene and I have to check myself quite a bit. I’m also 11 years clean from hard drugs but I’m
    going to admit that I like my weed.

did I mention that I love my weed?

lol!

El Caballo, porkshop, Baumi and 12 others like this.