Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ***Finally Got a real Hotrod! The "666" Coupe!***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 26, 2020.

1. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Really Bitchin Bob

mad mikey likes this.
  2. GO Man GO! I love this bad ass old hot rod. :):)

Thor1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

That car looks so much better! Are the wire wheels under the Moon disks or were the wheels up dated?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. tim troutman

tim troutman

I remember this car with the chevy 6 from 1 of Pork chops first drives in it .hard to believe it is the same car. looks like a lot of improvements from every one that has owned it & it just keeps getting better

chryslerfan55, mad mikey and Thor1 like this.
  5. sololobo

sololobo

So happy for you, this has been a fave of mine since I first saw it.

mad mikey likes this.
  6. New drama.....
    After the Hotrods on the Tarmac show, everybody in the show was invited to lunch on PCH. I was following a few Hotrods, missed the turn, so I turned at the next street, a little aggresivly, and when I got to the next stop sign, the car swung to the left, then the right! I went OH SHIT!!! Turns out the bracket on the Panhard bar broke. It's way too thin! Might be okay for the "Drive twice a year, Streetrods", but I drive mine everyday. I'm gonna stop by my buddy, Ron Cambra's shop tomorrow and have them make me one that's 1/4" thick. And i'll have them cut me a triangular gusset to beef it up. Think it might have been flexing back n forth. At first I thought it might have been my welds! haha Never would have heard the end of that....

chryslerfan55, mad mikey and The37Kid like this.
  7. Glad you got a handle on that Bob, I am considering beefing mine up as well. I have had no problems even on the suck ass bumpy roads here in Pa., but....

8. The roads here are pretty bad too. It's heaven when you're on a smooth road or freeway...That bracket was the weak link, so it should be much better...

chryslerfan55, mad mikey and Thor1 like this.
  9. Just picked up some great Bomber seats yesterday! Their really cool...not like those Speedway ones. Also picked up a new carb. It had a 750 dbl-pumper Holley, but I changed it out for as 600 Edelbrock. Seemed to be starving, so I just picked up a 750 Edelbrock. Holley is good for haulin ass, but not good for a daily. Leaked all the time, and wouldn't start in the morning....even after changing out the gaskets. I'll post some pics when put the stuff in.

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

My used Holley double pump 650 doesn’t leak. Been on the 56 since the early 2000’s.

11. bomber seats.jpg
    This is what my Bomber seats look like.

12. Well....didn't say they ALL leak. Mine leaks....

Thor1 likes this.
  13. Nice seats Bob. Will look killer in the car!

14. Thanks. The ones in there now are 67-68 Camaro buckets. These will look much better. Need to mount them right. Hopefully they'll be lower so I can see out better.

mad mikey and Thor1 like this.
  15. I bought mine from Hellsgate Hotrods, they look identical to yours. If so they offer mounts and adjustable sliders.

Thor1 likes this.
  16. I THINK THESE ARE THE SAME MAKER. HE GAVE ME THE MOUNTING BRACKETS. IT WILL TAKE SOME TINKERING TO GET THEM AS LOW AS POSSIBLE.

17. NoSurf

NoSurf

Looks great!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

19. Should have the seats and new carb all installed saturday. WOO HOO! Stay tuned for some pics....Also, plan on putting a spacer on my front spring. Not enough clearance and I really don't want to cut my frame.

mad mikey, Thor1 and NoSurf like this.
  20. BRACKETS THAT CAME WITH THEM DON'T WORK. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE EXISTING HOLES. NOT GONNA USE THEM... I PLANNED ON BOLTING THEM DIRECTLY TO THE FLOOR ANYWAYS.

mad mikey likes this.
  21. HERE'S WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE...

SEAT 2.jpg

[​IMG]

mad mikey and Thor1 like this.
  22. THEN I USED SOME SKATEBOARD WHEELS FOR SPACERS. SEAT 1.jpg

mad mikey likes this.
  23. FIRST INSTALL. HAD TO GO BACK AND MOVE THEM BACK 3". COULDN'T PUSH THE CLUTCH IN, LOL. SEAT 3.jpg

jammer, mad mikey and Thor1 like this.
  24. THE FIRST TEST FIT...SURE WISH THIS THING WASN'T CHANNELED!!! YOU CAN SEE WHERE MY SHIFTER IS. THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. HAD TO LEAN FORWARD TO PUT IT IN 1ST & 3RD. CUT IT OFF AND REWELDED IT .
    SEAT 4.jpg

swifty, vtwhead and Thor1 like this.
  25. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks good, but now your skateboard will throw sparks when you try to ride it.

-Abone.

1oldtimer likes this.
  26. Looks good Bob, should be able to $$ out of the Camaro seats since they're 1st gen.

27. I just envisioned his board up on blocks..

Tim and Johnny Gee like this.
  28. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Yeah, but it sure gives that car a bitchin stance!

29. HAHA....FUNNY! They came off a skateboard a pinstriper gave me for helping him out at Ink n Iron, years ago.
    Thanks B4U...