Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello From Vermont

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Mike802, Nov 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Mike802

Mike802

Hello everybody: I am Mike 802, I am a new member to the H.A.M.B and just wanted to introduce myself. I am starting on a new project, a 1929 Ford Roadster Pickup. I have wanted one since I was like 12 but ended up building a 1973 Camaro and a 1949 Chevy Business Coupe. I had to sell the Camaro to save my house, but I still have the 49 Chevy. There is a long list of cars between the Camaro and the 49 mostly projects still waiting to see completion, except for an all original 51 Chevy. Anyway the 49 belonged to my Uncle who passed away shortly after I purchased it. He didn't think it was good enough to show, but I put a custom interior in and dropped a small block Chevy in it and took several trophies, one was a Good Guys Rep Pick. He lived long enough to see the trophies it won and I used to pick on him telling him "I told you so" LOL. The 29 Pickup I just bought is just a bunch of parts really, the guy I purchased it from was collecting swap meet part to put the truck together. I basically have a cowl, frame, fenders, running boards, bed and some front end parts. I already had a banjo rearend. I currently need doors, and the cab back. I ordered quarter panels from Burts Model A that just arrived today. I also have two flatheads, keeping my fingers crossed they can be rebuilt. So that's my introduction. I have never built a Model A, so this should be interesting. I am looking forward to sharing my progress and just know I will be needing some advice along the way.

2. Looking forward to following your progress here. I have a 29 coupe in my barn that is waiting to be built.

3. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.
    Looking forward to watching your rpu build.

4. 343w

343w

Welcome to the Hamb, I'm from Vermont myself but moved away years ago to the warmer climate of Alabama. The Model A project sounds interesting, keep us updated in the build. John

5. Mike802

Mike802

Thanks guys. I will definitely keep you all posted with my progress. My son and I are going on a road trip this Friday, we have a lead on some early spoke rims and tires. Right now I am in the parts collecting phase.
    Always nice to meet a fellow Vermonter, no matter where they reside! A warmer climate sounds good right about now, but not so much come July. LOL.