Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is there too many Gassers or not Enough

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Disco Dale, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale
    from Wisconsin

Freak out!

Yo,I got a clapped out 52 Plymouth Concorde Bidness Coupe. The Dale man was wonderin if it would be a cool gasser. Not a faux gasser but the real deal. Real Deal... Since the car don't even have the front suspension anymore it would be perfect for a new axle right? Frankly all the expendable parts on the car are crap anyways. I swear to god they are :)

Anyhoo I was wondering If I would be screwing up a good kustom (like my other option:) ) or If the Dale mans proposed project "Sweat Dream" is a legit build.

Dale wants to hear some advice, I swear to god I do. ha ha :confused:

2. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Gasser! I think that car would make a better gasser than custom. I love gassers though.

3. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

4. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

got any pics of it?

5. Drop the "yo",drop the "Dale this,Dale that" shit,and raise the front end! Always room for a gasser.

6. Bugman

Bugman

I think most gassers look a bit silly, and i'm convinced it''s just a fad. That said, i think you should build a High and Mighty clone.

7. JamesG

JamesG

Thats like asking if there are enough women in the world with big boobs....

8. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

Not to start any crap here, but can a car built today with a jacked up front end be called a " real deal " Gasser?

If it didnt race in the 60s or 70s is it a Gasser or just a build made to look like a gasser type?

Steve

9. I think there are getting to be too many bad ones and there can never be too many good ones.

10. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

2-port Hilborn, or take the damned thing to the dump.

11. If you're not gonna do it right,slamit or sell it! Un-inspiring and un-safe is un-cool.

12. Cshabang

Cshabang

this guy seems wound a bit tight..haha, but dude....umm..ITS YOUR CAR...BUILD IT LIKE YOU WANT TO..decide...gasser or custom..then build it...

13. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Gasser style, too many model a's , too many turds, build one that runs like hell or dont build it... :cool:

14. sure, dude. gas it up and drive it straight to the dump. yo.

15. hemi

hemi

I had a sweaty dream once, but I just kicked off a few of the covers and I was fine....

16. Machobuck

Machobuck

In my opinion there arn't enough out there...More competition,whats a race car if there aint no buddy to race against! Let all the so-called "non conformists" bitch...Build what you like! Who cares what everyone else thinks,they aint paying your gass bill!

17. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

YO YO YO ..... Maybe a gasser would be cool for the "Dale Man" to run down to the local Disco Bar & pick up some Ru Paul wanna~bes !!

I swear to god it would be so Kickin if it said " DISCO DALE" across the trunk lid & a disco ball hangin from the middle of the headliner with colored lights comin up from the floor!!

And if ya dont mind me askin, how did you give yer car the CLAPP ???

18. If foam rubber falsies were as common as fake gassers, Akron Ohio would be the capital of the yoonited states.

I think you should take DeSoto's idea and run with it. And add a platform shoe for a Moon gas pedel. Make Goldchainer mean something again.

Duncan Yo Yo, the original returnable top.

19. Kind of like building a traditional styled model A is? Not every gasser is a survivor, but there have always been gassers around. I had the same concern, but as a kid this is what I watched at the track and read about in Hot Rod, so fad or not this is what I like. Build it the way you want, but I like the gasser idea.

20. Mutt

Mutt

If he went with one of those clear plastic platform shoes with the fish in it he could be a Goldfishchainer......

Mutt

21. There aren't too many gassers, the're too many kustoms!

22. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

I know what you're saying. However, by that line of reasoning, any hot rod constructed today couldn't be considered a true "traditional hot rod". I think it's best to build your car the way you like it and leave the labels elsewhere.

23. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

here's my take- NO MORE RAT GASSERS! Gassers were not junkers people pulled out of the bottom of a lake, they were nice cars- they had to be. Full interior was a requirement. The class was for street cars that did dual duty. Think you've got more of a fuel altered project, go real wild. The lines between gassers and all the other classes of racers are too blurred, "gasser" is overused, and I haven't really seen any period perfect gasser builds recently. There's a lot of rules violations that need to be fixed- bumpers, interiors, fenders, etc.

just my take. Nothing wrong with a correctly done gasser though......:D

24. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

hahaha goldfishchainer, i think someone has to break out the photoshop skills on that.

seriously dude build it the way "the dale man" wants it. Its your car build what you like. If you come on here asking how to build it you will get 100 different opinions of how it should be built. which ever way you choose to build it just build it "right".

25. Larry T

Larry T

Hum, I thought a "real deal gasser" was purpose built race car that traveled around on a trailer. Sorta like Shores&Hess, Ohio George, Mallicoat Brothers, Kohler Brothers, etc. had.

26. Ok Dale man are we talkin' stump jumper or gasser. We should have some idea what you consider to be a real gasser.

What is the Dale man's thoughts on what should reside between the frame horns and is this a streeter or a monster?

Inquireing minds want to know.

I like gasser myself, I'm really not much of a custom dude, but I'm just a little jadded when it comes to the distinction between a gasser and a mud bogger with slicks.:rolleyes:
    Uh disregard everything I just said. the car is gonna be a rusted out rattletrap he won't know how to hook up the throttle linkage and dale just landed on my list of folks not to buy parts from.

perfect all the way down to the disco vibe. Why don't you build a resto rod out of it.

27. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Need more gassers as a matter of fact someone needs to buy my 55 project so they can have one.

28. "GASSER" "RAT ROD", these terms are thrown around by all my firends who know nothing about cars besides what the see on T.V. I'd like to take them to a car show, if only I could keep their mouths shut...

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The term "GASSER" is an icon the term "RAT ROD" is painted on my neighbors trash can.