Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What Ever Happened to..........?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by OG lil E, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

what car are you referring to?

2. demmel

demmel
    from New Jersey

Ed - hopefully we'll see # 301 when you're able to come back from your hiatus ... As Others mentioned - this thread brought me back to the Hamb often - THANK YOU !!

3. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

And thanks to Ed's thread, we all get to see a lot of @demmel cool photo collection from the past.

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

here is a shot in the dark while we are waiting for Eds next installment. My buddy Bill Michaelson (rip) built this glass top 54 Ford wild custom back in the 90's. He sold it to someone I believe in Pennsylvania via Ebay. this would have been sometime around 2003 or 4 ish. Has anyone seen it or know where it is? One of the fingerprints it has is the glass top is in Purple plexiglass, there can't bee too many like it. I don't have very good pics...
    billy.jpg billy2.JPG

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

With a bit of fine tunning to the photograph. IMG_20220920_0002.jpg

7. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Magazine car??? if I remember right?

8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Rodders digest in the late 90’s

9. williebill

williebill

Wow! Those overhead shots and the show display are very cool. I like the hell out of it.

John B, OG lil E, stanlow69 and 2 others like this.
  10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

@Sancho any more luck on finding this Ford?

OG lil E, John B, 54delray and 2 others like this.
  11. No sir, but I will continue to look.
    A lot of times I run across them later on when looking for something else.

12. Sinner666

Sinner666

IMG_20221005_192323.jpg

richards69impala likes this.
  13. Sinner666

Sinner666

IMG_20221005_192323.jpg I am the new owner of Party Doll as of last night, this is what she looks like now

14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

congrats, I wonder when it got painted white. Just my opinion but it looked way better with wide whites... what are your plans for it? PartyDoll.jpg

15. Sinner666

Sinner666

Gonna do some of my own changes I'm still looking for more info and old photos. The glass etching is signed by Mongo 1985. Someone filled the antenna holes and cut a window in the hood that I dont like

16. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

@Sinner666 Nice purchase! Congrats! Best of luck making it your 'own'. Doesn't look like too many changes over the years, the hood window is the biggest, but should be an easy fix. Welcome to the HAMB. Be sure to ask around here if you need help in keeping the car "traditional".

drdave, OG lil E and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. Pretty sure the hood window was already there in the picture above from 2004.

drdave and OG lil E like this.
  18. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

I think you're right, @Sancho In fact, you mentioned it back when the car was featured in this thread!

Something I notice in @Sinner666 photo, the headlights do not appear to be extended on the white versions as much as on the red version. Maybe it's an optical illusion since due the angle of the where the photo was taken? But I did find this pic with Party Doll in the background and it appears that the headlights were deeply tunneled. Chip Coffin 50 Merc Canada KLL with Party Doll.jpg

19. @54delray, I agree. If you notice the distance from the scoop on the fender to the front edge it's quite a bit different. I wonder if the "tunnel" was removed at the repaint....

Perhaps the front fenders have been replaced along the way. That would also explain the difference in the front of the shrouds for the pipes.
    And the front bumper doesn't look as nice and fitted as it did on the red version.

20. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

The red version has '55 front end where as the white is a '56 front end. That probably explains the difference in the headlights

21. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

@Sinner666 Just want to say that we custom geeks are just happy that this awesome car has resurfaced. And as custom geeks, we have trained our eyes to notice changes that most would not notice. Just saying all that so you know we are not picking apart your new car. Its a Koooool ride. Hope we get to see more of it as you work on it.

Good catch @Atomic Kustom on the '55 vs '56 front clip.

22. , are you on Facebook? There is a page on there called, " East Coast Kustom pics pre 1990 ". I have seen pics of Party Doll on there.

OG lil E, 54delray and Sancho like this.
  23. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

That "window" in the hood was a rare option for dealers to show off their new engines in the showroom in the mid fifties. I've seen several Fords with it, but your car is the only Pontiac I have seen.
    May be worth finding a Pontiac restorer and swap hoods (plus some rarity cash in your pocket)!

drdave, chryslerfan55 and OG lil E like this.
  24. Lenny1932

Lenny1932
    from NY

This car is alive and well in Long Island, NY. The last picture in this thread with the new windshield stickers was likely taken in the mid-90s at a car show in the northeast. My father acquired this car in the early 90s and I am happy to say it's still in the family. Below is a picture from a few months ago:

IMG_4654.jpg

25. Lenny1932

Lenny1932
    from NY

Fun fact: I was able to track down one of the original builders (Johnny Jones).

williebill, John B, Sancho and 7 others like this.
  26. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

A post from July of 2017 from Sancho, referring back to a car the Ed featured back on page 35 of this thread. Just looking at the current issue of Car Kulture Deluxe, it is in the back "Reader's Rides", now owned by Mike Wood in North Carolina.

27. @54delray I saw that too and meant to post something. I forgot....
    I blame @straykatkustoms, obviously his memory is starting to affect mine.

Hamtown Al, OG lil E, drdave and 3 others like this.
  28. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

how about a picture of the magazine page?

OG lil E, Sancho and 54delray like this.
  29. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE