Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Road through your Windshield...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat Hack, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Acres

Acres
    from Sweden

blowby likes this.
  2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Yep, she sure was a doll.. And here is the parking lot where Bogart dispatches his adversary in Dark Passage. Many films use the sight, as listed in the Wiki page. The Man Who Cheated himself is a favorite of mine.
    20221030_110745.jpg

Here's an interesting shot. If you can zoom in on the guys in the water, their surf boards are actually moving above the water, with a motorized shaft extending down. New tech to this old geezer. Alcatraz in the background, San Fran to the right and Angel Island to the left.

20221030_105614.jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    hotrodharry2, hrm2k, WC145 and 7 others like this.
  3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

4. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Nice photos of such an out of the way place. That place (Fort Point) has some pretty awesome waves. When the swell comes wrapping around the bend and starts breaking under the bridge, the rides can be all the way to the shoreline. It is confusing as the current is so fast going out, in the middle of the bridge. There is the thought of getting in and not being able to get out… or getting swept away… ha!

But, under the opening of the first piling to shore, the swell just blasts around the point and wraps like a great point wave.
    upload_2022-11-8_6-44-32.jpeg
    Jnaki

When I picked up my brother after getting his week long, radical radiation treatment at the UCSF Med Center, I visited Fort Point on several times during the week. It is impressive. He was impressed at the quality of the waves and the sight of the surroundings while riding great waves. Just looking “up” is awesome.
    upload_2022-10-31_8-42-55.png

This El Camino photo location is just a few miles away in S.F. But, my wife and I visited Fort Point many times on our jaunts to the Bay Area for concerts, car shows and great photo locations from 1966 to 2019 at the last time. It is one of those places that makes life simple and awesome at the same time. Good for contemplation anytime…

You are fortunate to be able to just visit any time. Very envious…

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    Lil 32, hotrodharry2 and WC145 like this.
  5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Kim Strobeck in front of me whilst driving at the beach this last summer. Flatheads rule!
    upload_2022-10-31_13-37-37.png

6. All the leaves are gone but it was 78° on Saturday so had to get my grandson out for one more ride this season! IMG_9762.JPG

hfh, Lil 32, hotrodharry2 and 7 others like this.
  7. pecker head

pecker head

8. WC145

WC145
    from Maine

Taking advantage of the warm weather, a nice Sunday drive on the Maine coast. [​IMG]

Marcia, RMR&C, lucky ink and 8 others like this.
  9. Getting passed by some punk kid in his hot rod Edsel...

IMG_5668[1].JPG

10. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Veteran's Day Parade

DSC07825.JPG

Lil 32, hotrodharry2, hrm2k and 9 others like this.
  11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

12. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-11-8_10-7-43.png

Hello,

Nice photos of the past several days. You guys are having what looks like great weather. Late yesterday and today, the So Cal coastline is getting 22 mph winds causing sideways rain pouring or actually lashing people outside. I had to go outside to pick up a piece of fencing and of course, got blasted with the sideways wind and rain pellets.

The forecast is for more continued gale force winds and constant rain. But, as most storms on the Westcoast happen, it picks up speed and soon, goes by us to hit the Rockies and Midwest with a fury. So, get ready.

Jnaki

Sitting inside and watching the rain hit sideways with some force reminds us of our road trip on Highway 70 from Kansas City to Denver a while ago. That was absolutely the worst rain/wind combination we had ever experienced. All of the drivers were going at a snail's pace toward Denver. The wipers were doing little to none due to the high winds and sideways rain. It was like someone was sitting on our car pouring buckets of water on us.

The only folks not going at a snail's pace were the truck drivers in their huge semi trucks zipping by us in the opposing lane. Getting passed by a rolling semi truck is not what most endure or see. What a bunch of water spraying crazy drivers in those trucks. The goods in the back aren't that important...

Keep those great photos coming from those sunny clear weather areas. It makes all of us feel a little better, although very envious. YRMV

13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

From the poker run this last weekend

Lil 32, hotrodharry2, MMM1693 and 7 others like this.
  14. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

TFoch and guthriesmith like this.
  15. Damned whippersnappers!

winduptoy and guthriesmith like this.
  16. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

9068AB7A-AEB7-46F8-B90E-47062FFB074E.jpeg C28174EE-CA87-4041-8388-C4CD53B3D385.jpeg
    Track cruise at Pikes Peak International Raceway

17. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. cabong

cabong

Doesn't look exciting 'till you realize the context..... Back in 2012 I went through the rookie course at Bonneville. Before making a couple passes in the HRW Street Roadster on the long course, as part of the rookie indoctrination, I made a pass on the short course. It was run what you came in. In my case it was my "Lifetime" motor home. It was a 1966 which came with a Ford six, but had been changed out to a 400M Mercury, so I reckon it classifies as a "Hot Rod". I blew away the competition (you believe that) with a mighty 78mph in the old bugger. It was great fun, and from what I have been told, was a sight to behold !!! 05570002.JPG 05570003.JPG

guthriesmith, hrm2k, 40two and 3 others like this.
  19. Corey "Waldo" E.

Corey "Waldo" E.

20221105_154455.jpg Shotgun with my brother, test drive on the tunnel ram install! 20221105_154455.jpg

20. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was on my way to our local cruise in spot one Saturday evening. As I pulled up to the intersection, there were multiple people in a greenish Nissan. When they rolled down there window, it looked like the scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Check out all the smoke coming out of their window

21. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

Somewhere in Austria
    20190912_141427.jpg

22. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Hrm,

That is a funny film. We saw our neighbor driving his newer car and as he was going to the local beach direction, smoke in high quantities happen to be coming out of his window. We laughed at the implication, too. But, as we drove by, we saw what was making the huge amounts of smoke. An artificial cigarette or a dark plastic vaping holder like a small narrow tube.

Those devices make a lot of smoke, more so than holding your breath and then letting it all out at the same time. So, perhaps, those Nissan occupants were doing the same thing. Since they waved to you, did you know them?

Jnaki

Nice rear seat camera angle. It was a different photo/movie angle than just shooting out of the front windshield. Was it pre-mounted somewhere or someone was squeezed into the back area?

hrm2k likes this.
  23. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

no, I didn’t know them. It was just a chance encounter.

I have a suction mount that was small enough to fit in the back window, more on the passenger side for my GoPro.

jnaki likes this.
  24. Was raining all the way back from a show so i couldn't get my camera out till my drive way for this shot following my Belly Tank. JW
    [​IMG]

Lil 32, guthriesmith, Blues4U and 5 others like this.
  25. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

This memory from 4 years ago popped up in for me in facebook today, I don't think I shared it here. This was from the annual poker run from that year, same run I posted the videos above from this year's run. Turn up the speakers!

26. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-11-20_5-22-8.png

Hello,

My wife and I were out driving around on some errands. We were heading back home when we saw a two tone lowrider cruiser headed the same way as we were. So, out comes the digital camera and a series of quick shots was taken. The two guys inside were probably headed for a lunch break as the direction was small fast food outlets and stores that do quite the business during any lunch hour.

They are not on the turn area for the I-5 freeway onramp lane and were having a good time when we turned off into our mailing packages stop, driveway turnoff.

Jnaki

The 37 Chevy sedan is a is a popular version of an old 4 door cruiser. The owners may have been working on it as there are a few auto restoration or repair shops in the area near the beach. The historic license plate has a distinctive 37 on the engraving stamp.

27. pontiac

pontiac

Country road cruising a couple weeks ago with a friend. His 1940 Dodge in front of me.

20221106_143804.jpg

guthriesmith, charleyw, 40two and 5 others like this.
  28. patsurf

patsurf

"almost heaven"

pontiac and 40two like this.