Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is this Garage Sale find??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Very early tow bar??

Attached Files:

2. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

My DAD had some thing very simular. Lookes like part of an old trailer hitch/tow bar, these pieces grabed the big old chrome bumber, then some a bar when accross to the other one and had a ball on it..H

3. flynstone

flynstone

thats a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, triangliavesser.....................sorry i dont know it just sounds good

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

When we finished your car we'd deliver it. The hitch pulled the Crosley we drove back to the shop

5. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I cant beleive I actually know what that is.

They are used to pull more than 1 trailer on low speed farm equipment- like if you were gonna haul 2 "wagon" style hay haulers-they didn't have any steering, you just made big lazy circles with them.

something to the tune of 1940's farm technology- My grandfather had a slew of them-hanging from the rafters in his garage!

6. T-Roy

T-Roy

That's funny....I was going to post that maybe he oughta ask a farmer. I must've seen one somewhere to actually think that. :D

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

THANKS! I was worried someone might be on a hiway pulling something with that setup.:eek:

8. RATCAMINO

RATCAMINO

get off the coast dude, that would be safe considering some of the trailers and loads i have seen out here in nebraskie

9. I think I'll get a few more and maybe have some "train" drag races.......
    Thanks for the info guys.
    CT.

10. KKustoms

KKustoms

Ratcamino is right, I have seen some rednecks use a a pair of pliers as a pin to hold a trailer to thier bumper...and that was going down the highway at 60 when i passed them.