Register now to get rid of these ads!

yeah, i know>>>whats this hemi worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by breeder, Sep 9, 2006.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

got a call from a guy today...he said this car has sat for 20 years, as you can see:eek: he wants me to make and offer and i dont even know what year the damn thing is..what size motor is this and whats the LOW dollar?? he sold the farm and needs it gone...im sure its a turd after that many years of sittin.....whatcha think>>>:eek: :)

Attached Files:

• 111.JPG
      111.JPG
      File size:
      73.7 KB
      Views:
    • 222.JPG
      222.JPG
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
    • 333.JPG
      333.JPG
      File size:
      68 KB
      Views:
    • 555.JPG
      555.JPG
      File size:
      57.3 KB
      Views:
  2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a car like that in a yard in Agency, Missouri for years. I mean EXACTLY. I almost shit myself when I saw teh pics.

Same color, same trees, same stuck in the dirt for 20 years, I mean the SAME.

Anyway, I think that is a 57 Imperial, in which case the mill is your big boy...the 392.

There are waaay more knowledgable hemi guys on here, so listen to them, not me.

Good luck, -Abone.

3. Mutt

Mutt

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

It's worth EXACTLY what someone is willing to give you for it on any given day and not a penny more.:rolleyes:

Frank

5. George

George

Typical value of a 392 is around 2K, you ocaisonally find them cheaper.

6. 19Fordy

19Fordy

The chrome might be worth more than the engine. If it has antifreeze in the block, good. If it has water and has been thru freezing weather, bad. I'd offer him $200 cash to take it away and see what he says. You can always go up in price.

7. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

Its only worth the price of scrap metal until you can figure out whats good on it (engine, body parts).
    Then its what the market will bear.

8. roddinron

roddinron

I've got a couple old hemis in my garage right now that came from similar circumstances. One thing about old hemis is they used a lot of nickel in the castings for some reason, and even though mine were froze up from sludge, there was very little rust or corrosion. I'm not saying you'll be as lucky, but one of mine came from a truck and was taken out and actually left laying halve buried in mud for a few months before I got there. Anyway, good luck, and offer him $200, after all, he NEEDS it out of there.

9. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Since you'll have to drag it out of the axle deep earth its buried in, and don't know the condition of the engine(but since it was parked in a field for 20 years odds are its not exactly a runner), and who knows if the body buried in the ground is rusted away or not, I'd offer $150-300 bucks and see if he takes it. If you're willing to pay what's probably too much, I'd go as high as maybe 700. If you're in love with the car, maybe around a grand tops.

Me personally? I'd wanna pay under 500 tops, for the risk you're taking and the time and effort involved.

The car looks like it's in seriously nice condition considering where its' been for 20 years. All the glass is unbroken, trim/doorhandles are there, has taillights, no rust throughs visible, chrome looks good...if you can get it cheap and pull it out...I don't see how you could help but make money on the deal.

Good luck and please take pics of the retreival!!! And let us know what you got it for :)

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

my top is 200.00 i dont need another yard art car!!! i have 10 already and 3 times that many to get...im not in love with it at all.. i looked at it and drove home and posted this thread..im clueless on this era of dodge/and off spring type cars...im just really wondering if its worth what offered or not...as you can see, its not goin to be an easy task.. the pics dont tell the whole story..were talkin hours of work to unearth this baby!!!im just askin if he says no to the 200, "then" is it worth dickin with....:confused: :)
    and yes, i know its "what yer willing to pay, blah blah blah:rolleyes: , but thats not what im askin...again, no clues on this type of car...thank you!:)

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

12. RATCAMINO

RATCAMINO

breeder give me some info if you dont want it ill come get it

13. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

I'd have said a 100 but I am one cheap/broke bastard. Although I did pay 200
    for a 38 ford pick up. So, that shows how much I know.
    Rod

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

thats if it runs good right??:D :D

15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

i have a guy in sweden that would prolly buy it with or without motor mostly for the stainless trim and all chrome .. let me know he is here twice qa year and buys that type of four door chryslers, dodges etc...

16. George

George

Actually more of a buildable engine. "It was running when I pulled it!"

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yeha, the hood was up as far as i could get it..hinges need some juice...i figger if it has fluids in it still, id pull the plugs and filler up with deisal fuel..let it sit for a while....
    maybe it will be for sale after that as "it was junk when pulled":D :D

18. roddinron

roddinron

If its a 392 you'll make some $ on it and whatever other parts are salvageable. Just check ebay for what they sell hemi parts for.

19. Squablow

Squablow

If you get it and part it out for the motor, can I get dibs on that toilet seat lookin' round thing on the trunklid? I'm startin' a collection of those. Those dual headlights are neat too, lots of good parts on that car aside from the motor.

20. roddinron

roddinron

yeah, and imagine that rear bumper on a custom or narrowed and on the back of a rat rod.

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yeah, i thought about using it at our show as a porta-potty:D :p i havent heard nuttin on it yet but maybe he will call today.. either way, i took some pics of it anyway!!:eek: ;)

22. kropduster

kropduster

or on a custom.......:rolleyes:

23. I have one of those damn trunk lids, too. The dash in these is a nice piece to save.

Glass is the same as 2dr ht, and you can make a fair amount of money parting the chrome off one of these, grille is good for $75, power window and seat motors good for $25-$50 each, the 4-place PW switch is worth about $75, a nice steering wheel $150, the Hemi as stated $1500-$2500; if you get a buyer on the front or rear glass $150 each or better. Deck lid, they all want the chrome off it. Taillight lenses for these can be expensive, too, nice ones are usually good for $40 and up - each -

The best part is you can strip it to a shell and make a damn good demo derby car out of it - just put a later Mopar in and tell them it was a '59 (wedge car). This is the same underframe as the 64-66 cars that are really in demand for derby cars, the spindles are a little different and the one weak point on these I guess.

I'm probably going to cut the dash out of the one I have, save that, the deck and the glass and junk the rest though. My buddy wants to scrap the other cars I've been parting, and no way I'm letting him screw me out of another 455 motor.

Scrap right now, the car is around 5000 lbs, so probably around $200 is right, when I get a deal like that I usually just tell them to start me off. I got the 455 car and the '58 Buick for $100 - for the pair - that way, but it helped that I knew someone who'd bought from her before.

24. If you are doing him a favor by hauling it off the property then you might get it for free.
    If the car is rotten you can dismantle and make a few bucks on the parts depending on condition. If it's just filthy and covered with vegetation just clean it up, hose it off, make sure the tires hold air and it rolls and sell it on ebay.

It's either a 57 or 58. and the stainless across the roof indicates optional equipment.

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

this guy could give a shit but his boy owns the car..it will sit until the new land owners have it hauled for scrape if i dont buy it im sure!!!!he hasnt got back to me yet...he told me a couple days ago that he cant get ahold of the boy..he's and otr driver...im not sweatin it really but id hate to see it crushed!!:eek: then i found a 61 falcon 2 door yesterday that im goin to try and nab before it get hammered....

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

got it for 200 and got her home!! heres pics...

pic1 ...after most trees where cut
    pic 2...tire after diggin it up a bit..look at line on tire to see how deep it was..:eek:
    pic 3...colton being a helpy helper after school..thanks kiddo!!
    pic 4...bumper seein light for first time in a long while
    pic5...3 tires held air..2 are still up!!!!plate on car says 73 so its sat more like 30 years!!
    pic6...tire finally dug out!! hadnt rained in months so real fun diggin!!:eek:
    pic7..tree..

Attached Files:

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

pic 8 pulled from it slumber
    pic 9...new tree antenna:D
    pic 10..buddy robert arrives with rollback..yeh robert!!!:)
    pic 11 half way on..
    pc 12...loaded..then robert pulled my tree ant off!!i thought it freak folks out on the way home but he didnt want it flyin off and killin someone..wuss:rolleyes: :p
    pic 13....home!!
    pic 14 also home

Attached Files:

28. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

last one..interior shot..notice hubcaps in floor
    found 3 in car and one in trunk!!yippie...
    and the motor

thats it...now i have to see if she's free or stuck..golly, i wonder which it will be??:rolleyes: ;)

Attached Files:

29. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

You was robbed. I'll give ya $50 for it... :confused: Coka Cola will free up the motor if its stuck. I bet it turns. Its still got the air cleaner and heads on.

30. Am I the only one who thinks these are cool looking cars?

Oh well, you'll easily do 10 times your investment if you part it out -