Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Junior G Men of The Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

This morning after watching Moonshine Highway on Tubi again, I was scrolling around and found a series called Junior G men of the air. The first episode was called "Wings Afire". It was about a bunch of smart-ass kids who work in a plane junk yard who drive around in a model A truck waiting for planes to crash then go collect the parts. In the first episode the boys enter an air race while the smartest kid says back in the shed working on a muffler for airplane engines while the other kids get the truck stolen buy a gang of Japanese bank robbers. It seemed to have a good number of old cars, in the first five minutes anyway, :rolleyes: to keep watching. In the second episode, which I haven't finished watching, one of the boy's prefect the muffler by simply turning it around just in time for the Japanese gang to storm in and steal it. I've done a search and didn't find anything. Heck even the movie Stlls thread didn't turn up much.:(

hqdefault.jpg
    Junior G-Men of the Air Ch01_000122.jpg

2. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I seem to recall a drag racing team from back in the day calling them self's the dead end kids or the dead end gang.
    526x297.jpg

williebill, hrm2k and catdad49 like this.
  3. greybeard360

greybeard360

Bowery Boys. They made a bunch of those.

lurker mick, catdad49 and Speed Gems like this.
  4. Huntz Hall was one of the Bowery Boys.

5. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Yep if I remember correctly they started out as the dead end kids and ended up as the bowery boys.

Growing up I bet my mom watched every movie they ever made.

Slip was always my favorite, he had a way with words.

lurker mick and Speed Gems like this.
  6. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

The Bowery Boys were originally known as the Dead end kids.

Dead End Kids
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigationJump to search
    For the song by Jim Reid, see Dead End Kids (song).

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
    Find sources: "Dead End Kids" – news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
    The Dead End Kids were a group of young actors from New York City who appeared in Sidney Kingsley's Broadway play Dead End in 1935. In 1937, producer Samuel Goldwyn brought all of them to Hollywood and turned the play into a film. They proved to be so popular that they continued to make movies under various monikers, including the Little Tough Guys, the East Side Kids, and the Bowery Boys, until 1958.

7. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Most episodes seem to be between 17-20 minutes long and the whole series can be watched in an afternoon.