Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage VANCOUVER ROADSTER SHOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually, I misunderstood the flyer and thought it was a show-what-you-brung kind of thing. A few others did too, but we parked together in the lot and had nice time inside and outside the venue.

My first time seeing Kim’s A - what a fun car. The first 2 pics are of his car; the rest are a few of the parking lot hoodlums.

John

E5FC34CF-898C-4806-B97B-B40A9D2CE8D8.jpeg 3AA85E69-168F-4FDD-BB97-31725098509D.jpeg FE478F50-5A52-4D33-8381-6F9BE8527212.jpeg 4DE392E2-BE91-4950-B0DD-55310217A4ED.jpeg

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is awesome! Kim’s car turned out real nice. He still has a new hood to paint and interior to do, but I think it is great seeing it out and about finally.

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Almostdone too bad we didn't hook up while you were in town. Nice putting faces and avatars together. :cool: @Taboo56Chevy was there and @saltracer219 and @Kim Strobeck obviously. We really should have a HAMB gathering area at these events, away from small children, women and influenceable minds to discuss BS (Bourbon Selection), pretty girls and poke fun at the "other" entries.

We need more PNW events. I talked to Duane who puts on the Portland Roadster Show for the last 10 or so years and he says he wants to do one more. One big show to sort of stand the test of time as his PRS legacy. I told him I was all in.

Soooo cross your fingers and toes and maybe, just maybe we will have another PRS next spring. I'll be ready!

4. It was great putting a face to a name finally! There has been some disorganization, but there is some great potential for this show and taking some lessons from this event I think it could grow into something really good.

I always thought a era correct show would be neat to have in the Memorial Coliseum where the Roadster Show was held for decades, but a true traditional focused show somewhere would be a fun one for this area.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

all pics appreciated

41 GMC K-18 and Bandit Billy like this.
  6. Thanks for the pictures, however that scalloped F-1 makes me consider cutting mine up. That's the best looking filled hood (50,51) I've seen.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  7. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

@Bandit Billy yeah a HAMB area would have been cool. There was plenty of room and it would have been good to put some faces to names. I'd say it was a pretty good showing for the first time out. Looking forward to next time.

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that would be the greatest venue in town! It would be cool to bring back the Corno cars, Russ's cars, Lonnie Gilbertsons cars, the list could go on forever. I would love to see a completely vintage show done in vintage lights and angel hair. Hot chicks in go go boots wouldn't hurt. The glass palace has seen some serious cool cars in the basement!

That truck had a lot of work done to it and weel done work I may add. I am building a 41 Ford so I pay attention to the ones that seem to have "it", that one did.

I like meeting up with our members and making new friends...well not the ones living in their moms' basements or doing a stretch for stealing hot rods and such. Of course, we could plan to have a cars and coffee kind of thing with the local membership. If only one of us shows up though people will think he's crazy. If two cars show up people will think were faggots. If three cars show up, just three hot rods people will think it's an organization and could you imagine if twenty of us showed up? Twenty hot rods from the local area? People would think it is a movement! And that's what it would be, the PNW H.A.M.B. movement!

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

And $2.00 beers!

10. Ken Smith

Ken Smith
    Alliance Vendor

Will there be 8x10 color glossy pictures of the cars with a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what it is?

11. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"BOGUS"!!!!---NOT a roadster show!---Should be called a "CAR SHOW"

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude, you can't even buy water for $2.00. I love people complaining about the price of gas when 20 years ago water was free and now it is like $20 a gallon, more for Fiji.

An excellent idea! We could meet at the city dump on Thanksgiving Day with pitchforks, shovels and implements of destruction. Your car in front of...The dump.

Easy now, I counted 5 roadsters and a couple of cabs. :cool: Oh and one 81 camaro with a Studebaker front end and a set of wings on the back off a 59 Chrysler or something. I tried to take a picture but my "@Moriarity alarm" went off on my phone and blacked it out. Is that some new HAMB app?

flatheadpete and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like I said "Its a car show".

Bandit Billy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Fordors

Fordors

Would you care to explain how the Grand National Roadster Show is any different?
    It seems to follow the same concept of having various types of cars exhibited.

Moriarity likes this.
  15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

The Portland Roadster Show categories ran the full gamet and it too was one of the top shows in the USA, sure, not what it was, but still...........

chryslerfan55 and Bandit Billy like this.
  16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well you can nitpick all you want but in the greater Portland/Vancouver area the general public and a lot of car folk see "Roadster Show" As and indoor car show with the stuff that goes with indoor car shows.

I hope it becomes an annual thing as we are hurting for indoor shows in the PNW.

You get to this time of year and some guys are already putting their cars away for the winter or are getting ready to make changes for next year so I have to wonder if that might affect entries.

17. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A couple I may have missed till today
    AF76164F-F76A-4679-9C24-99E374099FA5.jpeg
    D1DE601A-5E5F-4F54-BBF3-6E0D7A9592BF.jpeg
    4913F7FA-DEEF-4141-91AB-6631D8849770.jpeg
    ^^^^Best Custom. Worth

18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I even got something else to dust. Special thanks to Mrs. Bandit that worked her ass off setting up and tearing down. I like the car but the wife is a keeper!
    upload_2022-10-9_19-17-53.png

19. From one of the pictures above it may as well be a boat show.:D

Bandit Billy likes this.
  20. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was just commenting on the drive there to load out that I miss things about the PRS that were unique and cool. Like vintage speed boats behind vintage tow rigs. The occasional semi-tractor. Street beasts. Collector stuff. Cars for show and cars for judging. The high school cars were always one of my favorites! I always wanted to grow up to be one of the guys on Saturday night at the show in their Multnomah Hot Rod Council jackets, pretty ladies in tow.
    PRS had celebs and the mainstream tour trophy cars, but it was the quirky stuff that made it the PRS.

chryslerfan55 and TerrytheK like this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Yes I was, had the jacket too!

Bandit Billy and Taboo56Chevy like this.
  22. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Thanks……good stuff:D

Bandit Billy likes this.
  23. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you so much for posting the great photographs.
    Great show, great cars and trucks and great people.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  24. the old blue/white letterman jackets the council used to rock were killer jackets, the ones they have now are just blah and not as cool.

chryslerfan55 and Bandit Billy like this.
  25. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3AA85E69-168F-4FDD-BB97-31725098509D.jpeg

Anybody else (@Bandit Billy :)) notice that classy glass receptacle on the firewall? :D
    (Photo by @Almostdone in post #31)
    Thanks all for posting the pics, cool stuff.

26. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't know that Douglas, cool! Mike Thelin was one I always remember strutting around in a jacket. I was just a kid with dreams of being a car builder. The child's grown, the dream is gone, and I have become comfortably HAMB.
    I may have helped on that a bit (just the emptying portion). It works too, when he pulls in warm the bottle is full and it drains it down as the radiator cools. A beautiful "see through" example of an expansion tank at work. Thinking about having him make me one for my tombstone. Well-wishers can pour me a sip. Flowers are overrated.
    Funny how those things stick with you from our youth. We need HAMB jackets! A cool hamb patch with years around the outside sort of like HOG patches on my vest. @Ryan to the show office please.
    If you are referring to that long ass drop top, it won most unique. Deserving. I shied away from posting it because of the modern rim job but it was very nice and the body work...from a guy that cannot tolerate wavy panels...was spot on! Slick machine.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well,-----All I can say is, L.A. Roadster show will always be an "Open top car show" up to 1937.
    Don-----Lifetime member LAR.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  28. "The child's grown, the dream is gone, and I have become comfortably HAMB."
    Not bad, not bad at all..........................

X-cpe and Bandit Billy like this.
  29. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't disagree there Don! I did comment to some friends yesterday that for a "Roadster Show" they didn't have a "Best Roadster" award. Seems odd. Best Custom, Best Unique, Best Import (hope none of you were drinking coffee when you read that, if so, I hear white rice will soak that out of your keyboards), Best Lowrider even Best Street Rod (shut up). But no Best Roadster. Hmmm

30. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I got to thinking:eek:, well, it was nearly 50 years ago.
    I only had the big MHRC patch, all the money this kid could afford, didn't have the coin for
    the jacket, I do think I gave it to a member many years later when I was in another club that was accepted into the MHRC.
    Slight rant alert, not to derail this great thread.
    I think that was in the 90's when an individual (I won't mention names) decided to make the PRS his business concern and I chose not to participate in that.
    That and tiring of all the typical club politics!

chryslerfan55 likes this.