Register now to get rid of these ads!

T5 tranny behing flathead...anyone running this combo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ACinSD, Dec 10, 2012.

1. marvin whittaker

marvin whittaker

i have a 1938 truck i could use some help i would like to put t5 tranny on my 39

2. Dan1982

Dan1982

Did you have to modify the cross member at all? (Old thread I know :) ) Thanks!

3. I have a T-5 in my 1932 pickup with a Y-Block. I couldn’t be happier. I managed to do it without buying any kits

4. Please note, this is an old thread and the owners of the above quotes have not been here for several years.

fauj likes this.
  5. Koz

Koz

I do quite a few of these swaps mostly using the Speedway adapters. Most guys really like the combo if they do a lot of highway miles. In my opinion, (and only in my opinion), I put this swap in the arena of Mustang II swaps in that yes, it makes a great driving combo but it loses something in the translation. The late trans just doesn't feel like an old hot rod. It feels like a Camaro with a weird exhaust noise. Myself, I prefer the "feel" of an early Ford box.

I wouldn't compare them on a cross country run. But that's why I don't want a street rod.