Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen Car Alert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Ron, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Awesome news!!!

I just saw your Instagram post.

Attached Files:

2. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

3. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great news Don! Hope no great harm done. Is that your coupe or the others too

Chris

4. Budget36

Budget36

One car or all? Better news for sure.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. DRD57

DRD57

My car was the only one recovered at this location. Apparently it was dumped in a remote area. The word around the campfire is that one of the perps trucks has been found and someone has been arrested. No confirmation on that.
    The car has few new small dents but other than that appears to be completely intact.

6. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I’m happy for you. That’s great news.

41 GMC K-18 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I say the bring the bad guys to all the big car events across the country, tie them to a sturdy post and have giant buckets of rotten tomatoes for the other car owners to throw at them. :)

9. fuzzface

fuzzface

That is great news. Some more good news is Ca. loss a thief a few days ago when the off topic stolen car ran out of gas and he was hit on the bridge running away.

When I built my shop lots of people thought I was nuts for bulldozing the hill down behind my house instead of building it on the empty lot next door right off the road and they also complained why such a big shed with only 1 small window in it. Security reasons for both.

No windows keeps nosey people from known what is inside and less area to break in. With just the little window actually looks right down my driveway and like lloyd you are on camera. with the s shape I made it, you drive right pass my house and show the front and 1 side as you go up and you show the backside and the other side when you leave. Yep, you are given me all 4 sides on video. If I hear someone pull into my driveway, that little window gives me plenty of view who is here.

Why would I build on the road and leave thieves easy access on the blind side from me?

Anyways I am glad you are getting your car back.

10. As I’ve stated many times, there’s a special place in hell for thieves.

Flathead Freddie likes this.
  11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas - were not going to post threats of violence.

Good that the car had been found.

12. Ken Smith

Ken Smith
    Alliance Vendor

That's great news! I hope they're also able to recover the other cars.

41 GMC K-18, 38Chevy454 and Budget36 like this.
  13. fuzzface

fuzzface

I was thinking about this last night. I just wonder if the thief that ran out of gas with the stolen off topic mustang on the Ca. bridge I mentioned above was involved in this? Seems a few stolen cars were recovered recently. might have found a stash of them at his residence/operation?

chryslerfan55 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  14. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am really glad that Don got his car back and I hope the other cars, are recovered as well.

caught.jpg

15. Some is better than none. :)

16. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I got the call they had recovered mine on a Thursday, it was Monday before they ever cleared it to be released to me.
    It was recovered at a residence, the guy was only charged with receiving stolen goods, not with the theft. I still dont know what the story was on what he told the Sherriff. Supposedly I can ask he pay restitution for the damage, but people I have talked to that have been down this road have told me not to expect much.
    I'm glad to hear they found your car, hope you get the rest of them back. Good Luck

17. fuzzface

fuzzface

oh, that is good news that Rex's car was found too.

harpo1313 likes this.
  18. fuzzface

fuzzface

I use to watch on youtube across the big pond(UK) this company (Automatrics?)that put tracking devices on cars, cycles, construction equipment, etc. It was amazing how well they tracked and got the stuff back but rarely they ever got to charge anyone.

19. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

My county had problems with people stealing trailers years back. The Sherrifs department setup decoy trailers with tracking devices installed and parked them at a rest area on the highway. It didn’t take long to catch the thief. Like others said he was only charged with having stolen property but not theft.

20. X-cpe

X-cpe

That is a frustratingly true statement. Probably the only thing the guy owns is a crack pipe. And, he's making payments on that.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  21. At least you got it back!

Budget36 and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  22. SS327

SS327

It’s good to hear you guys are getting some of these cars back. But it sucks that you had to go through this in the first place.

Budget36 likes this.
  23. Flathead Freddie

Flathead Freddie

We hope the other cars turn up soon those Chevys are usually down in 3 hours . I won't buy a Chevy and keep it in Los Angeles . It's gonna get victimized I get a lot of calls , " Hey they pinched my emblems at the shopping center " .
    So many heartless/brainless gremlins you must always have an eye on your car

SS327, chryslerfan55 and Budget36 like this.
  24. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well I’m happy at the good news in both situations! I don’t like the, “Lets get a pose!” crap but I understand the frustration. I suppose the best thing is install a car tracker very well hidden of course.