Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Inside out and first photo!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Gee, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

First off, me’s learnededed how to post a pic!!! I know boring news but!, now I can interact much better. Many a threads I never posted due to my handicap. Now to the picture at hand. Ever since I got the 57 something just looked funny about the bullets in the bumper but I just couldn’t figure it out until yesterday when I went thru and corrected alignment issues with the bumper. Now I understand why the nut only had a few threads of the retainer bolt in it. 2FC52DA2-C9ED-4415-A1CF-FF7F0883C670.jpeg

2. goldmountain

goldmountain

Congratulations on figuring out how to post a picture. I'm still trying how to post multiple pictures at one time to make for a more cohesive read.

chryslerfan55 and Johnny Gee like this.
  3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Just looked at two photos from the early 80’s of my friend and I with his 65 Elco and 63 Nova project and was thinking the same thing.

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

5. I like the reversed look. Same, but different.

When I post multiple pictures, I just do the same procedure over again, as I did uploading, the first file( photo).
    Where the cursor is blinking on the page, is where it's going to be posted. Sorry for the hijack

Johnny Gee likes this.
  6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Was thinking about you the other week Jay while having breakfast at the Harbor House. Not every day I get called out walking on a public highway.

7. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Nice photo that is clear and concise for adding to your story on the bumper. For everyone, it takes a while to get the right shot for the right storyline. Following along was easy and clear enough to understand.

It is very simple to post multiple pictures to make a post for a more cohesive read. The easiest way is to type out the whole post on a Word Document. A lot of people just start typing on the HAMB thread space and that is the problem. Nothing is saved, so if you hit the wrong key, it may disappear and now you have to start over. I have learned over the years to start typing a story and save after every paragraph. It is as simple as hitting the “save” tab.

So, as you type out your post, you will know where you want to post photos. Once the whole story is typed out, then inserting the photos into the typed Word Document is a snap. Make sure your photos are saved on your computer as Jpegs. That process will make it simple when you copy and past on the thread space. Most saved photos from cameras or even phones have their size problems. Some are large and too big for the post. That is where your Word Document comes into play.

Copy and paste your photos in the places where they should go and now you will see how large or small it will be on the finished project. Adjusting the overall size of posted photos is easy to do on your Word Document. But, once you think you have the right size and the photo is not blurry, copy and paste on a HAMB thread space to actually see how big it will be. Then, you can delete the overly large photo and make corrections on your own Word Document as to the right size.

Jnaki

The whole process can be done in a short while on your laptop or home computer. Trying to adjust photo sizes on a phone screen and/or tablet is not a good way to do the whole process. I have adjusted a lot of photos I have saved from my digital camera. The camera takes photos in a large megapixel size, so, the finished product looks good on the camera screen.

When I save it to my laptop hard drive, it is still in the raw “large” size. If I were to copy the saved photo, it would take up the whole page. It is super clear and colorful, but not appropriate for the HAMB posts. Larger photos usually are not crystal clear, unless you have an excellent photo program that helps change the errors in the original photo shot.

Here is a recent post about the TOP-5 AMERICAN AUTOMOTIVE DESIGNS:

I wrote up what I thought was a list of cars not in order, but to my preferences as the years have gone by to this day. The list was short and blank without photos. The information allowed me to get the photos and adjust them to fit the highlighted paragraphs, without overpowering the writing.

Once the photos were adjusted and inserted into the Word Document, then the whole thing was ready to copy and paste on a HAMB topic location. Remember, the writing can be copied and pasted as it is written. But the photos have to be copied and pasted individually, where you had chosen.

It would be simple to copy the whole written story including the photos and then paste them onto the blank HAMB location, but the photos have to be placed individually. That keeps the photos not too large to overpower your story.

TOP-5 AMERICAN AUTOMOTIVE DESIGNS edited version: (I make is easier to post multiple photos as one photo and adjust the size in one motion)

1. The 1940 Ford is the top of my list. All models exemplified the great smooth windswept styling in all models, even in the trucks and panel deliveries. The abundance of the 40 Ford everywhere is evidence to the fact that it is a true hot rod from those early years to today.
    upload_2022-9-22_17-18-16.png
    2. The next is the Model A over any of the boxy designs before and after for overall good design in all sections, Truck, RPU, Coupe, Sedan and Sedan Delivery, but, not a Woody…
    upload_2022-9-22_17-21-18.png
    3. The 1961 Chevy Impala two door hardtop was the classic two door hardtop design started early on that catered to the hot rod folks. But, were given less time than the 4 door models for family purchases. Finally, someone in the massive design team got everything together. It is too bad they did not continue the stylish design even with the high performance engine combinations that were available. More sales of family sedans took over the high performance quotas for more money in the factory coffers.
    upload_2022-9-22_17-22-3.png
    4. 1962 Corvette was the upgraded model that came from the under powered 1953 introduction model and became a step in the right direction. A real American sports car that could be something. It was a little small in the interior, but it was supposed to be a small sporty car, not a big sedan. With all of the accessories, it is/was a world challenger and local favorite.
    upload_2022-9-22_17-22-40.png
    5. Finally, since our dad drove into our driveway in a dark green 1963 Buick Riviera, my brother and I had big eyes for “borrowing” dad’s car for the weekend jaunts. Not a beach cruiser or desert trailblazer, but just a cool design that no one had seen before and it actually stayed around until the last sleek model, a 1965. In 66 to 73, Buick lost its way with a gargantuan design. The later models were just labels only nothing special about it, it looked like all of the other Detroit big barges.

Our dad knew his every 4 year Buick purchase was coming up and in the fall of 67, he bought what we thought was the largest, widest road hog ever built by Buick or Detroit., another bigger Riviera. There was no comparison to the 1963-65 model in any way shape or form... But, it was in line with his Buick purchase rotation.
    upload_2022-9-22_17-23-39.png

8. Yeah, I remember that. Crazy how that happened, that day.

9. At least you know you've probably got the shiniest INSIDE surface of those pieces on the planet!

Johnny Gee likes this.
  10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Isn’t that something! I tell ya. Keep notes or take photo’s when blowing things apart for crying out load. 75B0FFB6-7E47-434E-9031-D64AA9664BA7.jpeg Wonder why the photo’s of the dash all blown apart just to change a fuel gauge? Well it’s all the Top Ramon that someone tossed up for an alarm system that left me dead for about 30 minutes once. It all had to go.