Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A Few Hamb Friendlies @ Detroit's Concours D' Elegance yesterday!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill's Auto Works, Sep 19, 2022.

1. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

2. Thanks, Bill, nice photos.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  3. SS327

SS327

I like! I see you were with royalty. Dedora, Le Sabre and Y Job.

ClayMart and Bill's Auto Works like this.

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

not to mention the Polynesian and the A bros shop truck the grasshopper

5. Featured thread at 4 responses. Could be a record.
    Nice rides. I’d drive em

6. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

The pictures show some crazy nice finishes.
    Thank You

7. Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oooooh... some icons there.
    Can't remember the last time I saw the Polynesian.
    Thanks.

9. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Kool pictures thanks.

10. Man.... 80+ years on and the styling of the "Y Job" still looks great

11. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Definitely some heavy hitters there... The LeSabre has been a favorite concept car to me since I was a little kid!

12. Thank you, but I have no idea what it takes to get a thread featured!:p

There are many shows I go to that I completely forget to take pictures, because I am busy helping the customer enjoy his experience. That is the most important thing to me, since I have (at one time or another) been to ALL of them with customers cars over the years. If my thread gets a "Featured" tag, then great because more folks will see the pictures. For a while, I have been turning down most requests to transport to & from the major shows, because I have done them all & would really like to concentrate on my life with my new wife & transition into a partial retirement in the next couple of years. However...I am so glad I said yes to my customer for this show as I cannot remember a show that I had so much fun at in recent years!!! Seeing the excitement in the face of my customer when he won an award, as well as the gentleman with the '50 Bentley next to us who went through a 6 year build to get it retrofitted to work with his handicap & wheel chair winning an award was....Good For The Soul!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

20220918_090931 (800x600).jpg

chryslerfan55, elgringo71 and hrm2k like this.
  13. Some nice A Bros rides…haven’t seen those since they were they featured builders at Autorama years ago…and the Polynesian..damn all I did was sit on my keister on Sunday…

14. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Bill, did you get to see the 70 Silver GTO at the show? It is the first VOE GTO and was the one featured in the advertisement on TV in Jan 1970. Looks like most of the cars, old and newer, were awesome examples of their categories. Tom Hand

15. Yes Sir I definitely did!

Being a Pontiac Man, I was very much interested in seeing it when I got there. However since it is not considered Hamb Friendly, I did not post any pictures of it.

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Did you get to hear it start Bill and observe the drastic difference with the VOE mufflers open and closed?
    We Hands are Pontiac folks too so it is very exciting to see and hear it after all these years.
    Thanks for sharing the image and all the other "Hamb friendly" cars you saw.
    Tom Hand

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  17. Tom,

I did not actually hear it even though I saw it driving & actually it was in the truck & trailer lot the same time I was loading my customers Jag. I was 100% concentrating on my job getting loaded so as to get the customers car back home. It was definitely a beautiful car though!

God Bless
    Bill

chryslerfan55 likes this.