Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Eat this haters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Aug 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvwberg

kvwberg

Got mine today (Des Moines Iowa) already read it twice.

2. Saturday came & went with no sign of TRJ in my mail box and with a holiday weekend I knew it would probably arrive next Tuesday.

This morning, I walked out the front door to get the newspaper and low and behold I saw the instantly recognizable white cardboard envelope with The Rodders Journal emblazoned on the top left hand corner was it was like Christmas Morning.

It's ironic that I just remembered the news paper is still on the front porch. :) HRP
    100_0025.JPG

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got mine and kudos to @TRJ for that beautiful editorial, well done sir! Kudos to @Curt Six and @J.Ukrop for the usual great journalism. And quite poignant to see wat was possibly @pgan 's final article, the huge void he left is palpable.
    Congrats all around to the great TRJ staff and patrons for hanging in there and pulling it out. Eat this, indeed.

4. Not a subscriber, but happy as hell that they seem to be back up and running! Not a small feat given the last couple of years...

Congrats to the @TRJ Team!

lothiandon1940, Stogy, hrm2k and 5 others like this.
  5. The mail service finally got tired of looking at mine. :) The corners were torn but the mag is as it should be. Not that it's important but I'm one of the 1st 500 lifetime subs.

6. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

I too was elated as shit when 85 hit my porch. My hat is off to Steve and crew. Does he even have a crew anymore, other than contributors? To put together a magazine of this quality has got to be a huge undertaking! Kudos Steve and crew?!! Keep em coming, and from the comments so far, we'll keep buying em. My old Rodder's Journal t-shirts are wearing out too, hope there's more of them in the pipeline.

7. pnevells

pnevells

8. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Still waiting……….. I attempted an email today after not getting through on the available phone#.
    I’m curious as to when my sub expires………hopefully not with #84 which I received long ago. :(

jim snow, lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  9. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

Well, I've been silent about this situation since the beginning, with all the strange things going on the world the last couple of years....

I got mine today, all I can say is HELL YEAH!

I think Steve Coonan's picture should be in the dictionary as the definition of "perseverance"

Definition of perseverance
    : continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failure, or opposition : the action or condition or an instance of persevering : steadfastness

alanp561, hrm2k, c57heaven and 10 others like this.
  10. primed34

primed34

Got mine Saturday!

11. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Mine came in the mail today!

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Mine arrived today. I couldn't remember if my subscription had expired, and I was bracing for a lengthy investigation, but it isn't necessary! Hoo Fucking Ray!!!

13. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hrm2k, Stogy, jim snow and 3 others like this.
  14. Delivery today in the deep south.

hrm2k, lothiandon1940, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  15. luciomduran

luciomduran

What an issue too. One of the best ones, I think. The Pratt Coupe? And the mild custom from Japan? Man, worth the wait. Thank you RJ. I remember buying issue 1 at colorado car books when Neil East still had it open. Sorry it's been a rough road, but as an avid fan I thank you for all of the effort.
    LONG LIVE PRINT!!

wfo guy, lothiandon1940, rod1 and 5 others like this.
  16. Deadbird

Deadbird

Got mine last week. Very happy they're back.

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Finally had some time to start working threw it. Really enjoy the first couple pages, kind of a rodding around kind of vibe. Felt like the letters and questions to the editors in the back of hot rod magazine with like a scene report mixed together.

really dig it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  18. banjorear

banjorear

Got mine too. Thank you for all involved at TRJ for making it happen.

19. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

I don't have a subscription and since they don't sell it at the Barnes & Noble anymore I ordered mine through auto books Arrow books and it should be here tomorrow says the tracking

20. SilverJimmy

SilverJimmy

I was happily reading #85 till I got to PGAN’s article, now I haven’t been able to turn a page. Only met Pat once, kinda… When I was helping move my parents from Northern California to Arizona in 2019 I was heading north on either Hwy 5 or 99 and all the sudden I see a yellow F100 pulling a orange dragster south. Closest I ever got to meeting someone I’d been reading since before I was in high school. I think I’m going to miss him like I miss Stevie Ray, they both talked to me!

21. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Not only did I get mine but TRJ got my new address on the envelope. Didn’t even need forwarding! Great to get it again!

22. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As I was pulling up to the house after work yesterday, I saw the Mail Man leaving it on the front porch! What timing! It sure felt good to tear that big thick envelope open, and then the real Prize!!! Glad it's back! :cool:

hrm2k, lothiandon1940 and SilverJimmy like this.
  23. Church Key

Church Key

I want to order a copy from Autobooks, but I am little confused by their site. I want the issue with the flamed 32 on the cover...is this A or B cover ?

jim snow likes this.
  24. jim snow

jim snow

I checked on eBay. I believe you want cover A. Snowman ⛄️

lothiandon1940 and Church Key like this.
  25. Church Key

Church Key

Thank you

26. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Anyone outside of the US receive anything yet?

27. acme30

acme30
    from Australia

Not as far as I can tell - I haven't even been able to confirm if they have even been shipped to non US subscribers as yet!

The original email blast from Rodders Journal on 12 August had the following information for international subscribers
    • On the International front, we know that the vast majority of subscribers did not get TRJ #84. We now have enough TRJ #84s and #85s to go to each international subscriber and they are at the mailing house ready to ship. We hope to have these out in the coming weeks also. Due to being two magazines, we are looking at the logistics of shipping both together, so this may take a little longer. We are also altering the procedure to hopefully ensure that the vast majority of subscribers actually get the magazine.
    In the Coonan at Louisville post I asked if anyone who is in contact with Steve could confirm if 85 (and or with it 84) has actually been shipped to international subscribers and if not when that will happen?

BUT no replies to that post were forthcoming.

I will be pleasantly surprised if ordered and paid for merchandise and copies of 83, 84 and 85 ever arrive for non US subscribers.

There is no doubt that Rodders Journal (Steve) has overcome the odds to produce another issue for US subscribers but the lack of transparency and communication to international subscribers is piss poor (just as it always has been).

I love the publication which is why I subscribed and I certainly don't hate Steve but I can't say I have any great respect for any business (and yes it is a business) that can not even send basic communications to their customers.

My last point would be if you want to point out what a wanker I am but
    • have no skin in the game,
    • never bothered to subscribe,
    • only ever bought a copy if your mates car was featured or
    • only ever looked at one if your mate bought it (and you were too cheap to shell out your cash for your own copy)
    then in my view YOU ARE NOT A SUPPORTER OF RODDERS JOURNAL.

Sean Smith and K13 like this.
  28. noboD

noboD

Has Australia and N.Z. lifted their ridiculous shipping rates yet? I have a small package to send to a friend that would cost about $4 in the US. The estimate was $75 to go Australia with covid as the excuse. All packages have to go in a commercial plane, can't go with passengers.

saltracer219 likes this.
  29. sololobo

sololobo

I have enjoyed this mag for hours; seeing Lee Pratts's sweet hot rod on the cover is so exciting. I have been very fortunate to have been around this champion hot rodder at events in Austin, a very nice guy. The stunning 32 Chevy coupe is so fantastic; so many 32 Fords and so few 32 Chevy coupes. The build is so tasty. The greatest publication is "back on the road again."

SilverJimmy and saltracer219 like this.
  30. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

I don't suppose news stands are getting them yet are they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.