Register now to get rid of these ads!

Progress Pics - 1936 Ford Pick up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53choptop, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draginsteel

draginsteel

Great Progress

Lot of work isn't it,
    But what else would you have to do with your time?

2. Dirk35

Dirk35

Nice work going on there. Yours is the 1st one I have seen picts of that actually has more rust than my 35 had...... keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Oh yeah, my rocker panels are replacements, and the lower cowl is patches along with the rear of my cab also. But I didnt have the rust up through the door pillars.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  3. 53choptop

53choptop

I am bringing this one back from the dead .... literally.

Mocked up the 36 to get a bit of self-motivation, finally was able to get all the parts I needed to at least have a complete truck.

Still have alot of work ahead of me, but at least I have something solid to work with.

Work done so far:

frame:
    Mustang II
    modified to fit 350 sbc and 700 trans
    4 link
    step notched
    boxed

This is ready for blasting and paint (after the round up - I love having my own sandblaster!!!)

cab:
    replaced all 4 cab corners
    floor structure and floor complete
    went back to stock firewall
    cut out all rust
    suicide hinges
    1950 ford dash
    doors: still need new skins
    still alot of metal filling in to do

Bed:
    new bed posts in route
    new floor
    new sub structure

Fenders:
    they still need alot of love

I went from picture 1 to picture 2

I'll post more detailed pics soon, just wanted to post this so I could have something to look at and keep telling myself "I'm almost there" :D

Attached Files:

4. Sweet! Coming together nicely!
    Take your time, it'll pay off in the end...

5. clips221

clips221

Looks like your making some really good progress. I'm piddling with a 37 myself. Keep up the good work. Subscribing.

6. looking at this, i kind of want to see how hideous it looked before! from the sounds of it, the guy who "built" it before you took a break from styling his mullet, to build a hot rod! Looks like you're doing great work, love to see it brought back from the dead

7. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Great job saving that truck from a fate worse than death and keeping it cool with the familia . I don't know if I could bite my tongue that hard !

8. 53choptop

53choptop

oh my, I always take pics of what I do, before and after, but this one, I just wanted a fresh start. So after forking over $12K for essentially what you see in the first picture (cuz thats all that was worth using) I did not want any reminders of what it use to look like.

Not to rag on an extension of my own people, but the "guys" who built it took a break from drinking corona, polishing their ostrich boots and belts, while wearing their religiously themed shiny dress shits with matching white cowboy hats (you get the jist),,,while they were building it

Trust me '38 it been tough. Its unfortunate though cuz "el suegro" is a car guy. Now we don't have anything to talk about anymore.

Anyhow, thanks guys; I really do appreciate the comments, it keeps me pushing harder knowing someone out there understand the amount of work involved.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  9. It's really been a while!
    Now I was looking through your whole thread again and made a discovery.
    The K-Member I modified back then is gone, and I built a whole new one.
    Not trying to hi-jack your thread, but here are some pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keep up the good work!

10. 53choptop

53choptop

Not at all fuxl, this thread is about building a mid 30's Ford truck, so as much info as we can stuff into a thread like this the better. I know somewhere down the line it may help someone else. Besides, I am looking at the rear crossmember you built and already getting some good ideas.

11. The reason I put that in there is that I run coil over springs and I wanted to keep the original crossmember for strength and in case I wanted to use it later.
    It's just a piece of 2x3 inch with 2 inserted tubes for the shock mounts.

12. 53choptop

53choptop

I haven't updated the thread in a while, just thought I'd bring this up, I been working on it here and there, started to feel burned out on it, but now that the anger has dissipated, i am enjoying working on it bit more. Still got alot of work ahead of me, but its a fun build now, as oppose to a spiteful one.

Good thing I have another car to cruise in and take my mind off of it.

Haven't been taking as many pics as I should though.

ALSO NEW DEVELOPMENT: will be going with whitewalls instead of the style of wheels on it now. Finally won that argument with the wife, cost me a 71 Corvette Convertible, but hey what are you gonna do :D

Attached Files:

13. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Looking good!

14. Nice work on a truck that most people would have given up on. I'm working on my dad's old 36 cab....the last thing of his we [the kids] have left. My brother was planning to make it a B'ville racer, chopped 10 inches and narrowed 20 inches.

Attached Files:

15. billylo

billylo

That thing will look wicked clipping across the salt!!!!

16. 53choptop

53choptop

I agree!!!

17. 53choptop

53choptop

Going through my account and saw this thread, the last update was 2011. Still have the truck and finished it, at least in primer in 2012, and drove it for a good 6-7 years. It's currently torn apart again for a redo and paint . Man how time flies.

52.jpg 53.jpg 20200716_222759.jpg 20200812_200354.jpg 20200812_201411.jpg 20210308_193009.jpg 20210308_193030.jpg 52.jpg 53.jpg 20200716_222759.jpg 20200812_200354.jpg 20200812_201411.jpg 20210308_193009.jpg 20210308_193030.jpg

18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice truck but curious, what happened to the white walls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.