Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A 50 Merc Journey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sickboys50, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Sickboys50

Sickboys50

Just found the HAMB! My 16 year old son decided he is in love with the 50 Mercs....so we set out on a journey..Its going to be a doozy.

Attached Files:

drdave, Tim, 51 mercules and 11 others like this.
  2. Sum54ford

Sum54ford
    from St. Louis

It’s refreshing to see a 16 year old in to 50 Mercs!! Good luck, can’t wait to see the car finished.

drdave and Sickboys50 like this.
  3. Go man go !

champion004004.jpg round2.jpg champion454.jpg

Sickboys50 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Squablow

Squablow

The kid's got good taste, a '50 Mercury coupe is a good one for sure. Doesn't look too terribly bad condition-wise, either. Where are you guys located?

Sickboys50 likes this.

5. Sickboys50

Sickboys50

We are in Central Florida.....car came from Alabama Currently we are deciding how to approach the motor as he wants it to be a good regular driver....so we are considering just swapping out the flattie.
    there is a bit more rust than you can see here....the floors are pretty much non existent...so we have all new floor metal on the way.....its like climbing Mt. Everest :)

6. Squablow

Squablow

If you don't use that flathead, it's valuable to flathead guys as a core, since it has the big 4" stroke crankshaft in it. It's worth something, even if it's stuck or the block is cracked. Flatheads are cool although I'm not sure I'd want one in a big Merc either, good for a hotrod though.

Sickboys50 likes this.
  7. Stole a merc from my area dad gum ya
    Sinner.

Good luck. Post pics

Sickboys50 likes this.
  8. THERE'S LOTS OF INFO ON HERE FOR MERC BUILDS AND IDEAS. ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK UP, HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. SO JUST ASK AND SOMEONE WILL STEP UP WITH HELP FOR YOU.

Sickboys50 and 51 mercules like this.
  9. Sickboys50

Sickboys50

Looking forward to it!
    "I ain't nobody, DORK!" - one of my favorite lines from the movie!

10. Sickboys50

Sickboys50

Yea...just thinking whats best for driving daily. it will just be a chore to keep it. its complete....doesnt appear cracked or anything....but once its out I will probably be looking to part it out or sell it complete.

11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Same way you eat an elephant, one forkful at a time

INVISIBLEKID and Sickboys50 like this.