Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Anyone know anything about this Special?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alanp561, Sep 7, 2022.

1. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's listed at $3500. Good thing I live 2500 miles from it. As rough as it is, it really looks like it could be running down the road without a whole lot of work.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    SS327, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another pic.[​IMG]

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy that's sitting waaay down in there eh...I wonder how far the pan is from the road? It looks almost subframed...​

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've always said some of the homebuilts were pretty smart looking...and so many are powered and chassised by Ford...grear power to weight ratio...

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Like I said, sledge has it.
    Weesner did this rendering and here’s some added chassis info F6A11864-0CAE-4957-AE97-3C631AE27537.jpeg 696611A3-6844-45C9-8B43-7E31D2E32759.jpeg

6. That poor car..................

Stogy likes this.
  7. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

It was more than that Salty :D:D:D

Come on up to the Fall Out Drags, running the 64 this is your chance to get even :rolleyes:

saltflats likes this.
  8. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

I hear you but IMHO it wants some work on the headlights and grill area. But it's just me, so...

Stogy likes this.
  9. Squablow

Squablow

I feel like someone who has an eye for details/design (and also the spare time to get something like this done) could really make a great car out of this, based mostly on what's still here. I really hope that scenario plays out at some point in the future.

ClarkH, anthony myrick and Stogy like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing that @Tim, that rendering is awesome...I wasn't sure it was the Barnfind one due to the as found trailer pics seeing that Alan mentioned a number were made...thats why I shared the comment from Joe at that site...that confirmed your connecting it to Joe and Sledge...so we have something to look forward to it seems...well I hope so...;)

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That doesn't mean necessarily rough edges as is...just a less than perfect driver is what I believe he is implying.

T. Turtle likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speedy, that Mechanix Illustrated was put out when the Ole 32s were has beens and beaters already...that article was directed at an audience that was no doubt not wired to the 32 as Hotrod material...but more the wholesome Father & Son team that were removed from that Hoodlum crowd tearing up the nation...:eek:

alanp561 likes this.
  13. Terry Buffum

Terry Buffum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Oregon

That Mechanics Illustrated article lead to my first car in 1952. A '32 tudor sat at the gas station at 15th & Utica in Tulsa, which was also the drop of point for the papers for the Tulsa World. I spent a lot of time looking at it. The guys at the station would not talk to me about it, saying "you're too young". I was 12 and thought that was plenty old enough! One morning it was marked "Sold" so I put a note on it saying if he decided to sell, I was interested.

Several months later, he had decided that MI build was beyond him, and offered it to me for $20, including the two V8 engines he had. I screwed up my nerve and told my parents I needed help getting something home. When I said dad would need to tow "my car", mother blurted out "Thank God; I thought you'd bought a horse!"

My older brother and I stripped it and started a chop, but neither of us could weld. About a year later he bought a cherry '34 sedan ($75) into which we installed one of the new Buick 322 cubic inch engines. The '32 went to another young guy about a mile away, but I think it was ultimately scrapped as I never saw it running.

Somewhere here you can find my completion of that dream, a chopped and channeled '32. tudor. I recently gave the car to a guy perhaps 65 years younger than me. As I told him, "Dreams are to share, not sell".

14. greybeard360

greybeard360

Ford chassis and drivetrain.... Why is it called a Plymouth?

Stogy and alanp561 like this.
  15. Just saw this thing listed for 3200 about 10 miles from my house.

Stogy likes this.
  16. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And you haven't drug it home yet? What's wrong with you? Go get that thing, get it home and under cover. I'll bring a trailer and your $3200 when I'm out that way next year. ;) BTW, your garage is heated, right?

Stogy likes this.
  17. Heated? This is California. Doesn't matter, the garage is full.

Stogy likes this.
  18. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

Well I took the liberty of posting on the Photoshop thread and The Moose (black) and Madfish (red) both tried to clean up the car, hopefully their efforts would serve as inspiration:)
    Custom1.jpg red sports car copy.jpg

alanp561, Stogy, catdad49 and 3 others like this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Alan pics are redx'd...could you reload them...I think the way you fellas are loading pics makes for a brief appearance unfortunately...HRP's do that a lot...

I save images I find to a folder on my cel or desktop computer and upload in the post creation (Upload a File and choose Full Image) that seems to keep them in place...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The gift of the gab back when you could pass a story, a bill of sale and a certificate and the gray gets grayer...

21. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, I can see either one of those as a finished car. Nice job, Moose and madfish

22. titus

titus

i believe the car was at a Kraft auction in Jaynesville Wi a few years back, maybe 5 or so years ago.

jeff

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think it's kind of rad.