Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Would anybody have photos of how you installed seat belts in your 32 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56don, Sep 5, 2022.

1. I still have not installed seat belts in my 32 Ford coupe with the original seat. Not really sure how I want to go about it. Does anyone who has a 32 Ford coupe with original seat have photos of how they installed seat belts in their car? I am a big proponent of seat belts and feel naked when driving without one buckled up.

2. lake_harley

lake_harley

I hope some good ideas and photos are posted because I'm at the same place with my Model A Coupe. It is very unusual that I don't catch myself reaching my right hand over my left shoulder to put on the belt like I do in my daily driver.

Lynn

56don likes this.
  3. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

This would work with any seat tempImageOo8BXf.png

4. 48 Indian Rag

48 Indian Rag
    from conn

https://www.julianos.com/default.asp Check out their website for how to's or call their help line they've been doing it for over fifty years

5. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Don, my installation might be different from yours as my '32 roadster is a Wescotts body and I'm not sure what the coupe body is like. What I did was use the body bolts just behind the seat. I spanned both bolts from one side of the car to the other with 1 and 1/4 by 1/8" angle iron and picked up all four mounting points for the seat belts off the web of the angle. If I knew how to post pictures I could show you but I'm basically computer illiterate.

56don likes this.
  6. Did you cut through the back of your seat frame or just go between the upper and lower cushions?
    I am really interested in how the seat belts are bolted to the floor and/or bracing.

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

When we put belts in my 5 window with the original seat we cut slots in the curved sheet metal to get the belts in the right spot in relation to my waist.

8. This is the question I had. Thanks. This looked like the only way to me but I just hated to cut into an original seat back. Did you line the slots with any kind of insulation to keep from cutting the seat belt material from use?