Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical subscribe to video or not ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirt car, Sep 2, 2022.

1. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

This may well be a question for Mart, however I recently subscribed to Mart's Garage as I thought it would provide an e-mail when a new on-going video is posted, but that apparently is not the case as I have yet to get notification of such, I did punch up mart's garage video & saw a notation that episode #14 on the 32 with o.d. conversion was to be posted in 3 hr's. that was 6 hr's. ago. Any clue how the subscription is to be of any benefit???

2. caprockfabshop

caprockfabshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In addition to clicking the Subscribe button, you also need to click on the Bell icon and turn the notifications on.
    marts1.png

Here's the bell drop-down menu:
    marts2.png

Even then, the Youtube Notification system has been notoriously glitchy for years, so you may not get emails within minutes of the video of getting posted. It may take a few hours for the email to arrive. They don't seem to care about fixing that system, so that's why I typically make it part of my routine to check in on my feed: https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions

Hope that helps!
    ~Peter

3. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Thanks Peter, I mis-qued regarding the # 14 episode, should have said #13 of which I have now seen Thanks, Ron

4. 43willys

43willys

Don't forget that subscribing and liking the videos help the content creators. It makes YouTube prioritize there videos