Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1934 frames; are they all the same - including pickups?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steve hackel, Aug 31, 2022.

1. steve hackel

steve hackel

WE are looking at the repair of a 34 pick up frame and in the process we are also
    wondering if all 34 frames are interchangeable - the same? Which models will
    fit the pick up in terms of replacement. Thanks, Steve

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

3. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

The frame s are all the same except the pickups don't have the running board holes on the side of the rail.

4. millersgarage

millersgarage

yes, all the same.

Note all the holes at the B pillar area, they are all drilled to accommodate roadster, 2 door, 4 door, etc.
    All cars used the same floor too

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

There are multiple holes that are different, not just the running boards. The body mount holes, box holes, fender holes etc and there are no holes for the front inner fender panels. The shape of the frames are the same as are the cross members. When I was building chassis I used to order pickup side rails from my supplier. If you could put the car and pu rails side by side you could easily see the different position of the holes.

lurker mick likes this.
  6. steve hackel

steve hackel

Thanks to everyone for the help. We will re-evaluate the repairs and figure out
    whether to look for another frame. :cool: