Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pgan Legacy...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fortunateson, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

This thread is not about mourning as there is a great one active on Pat’s terrible passing. However I want to honour his memory by re-reading his R&C articles so can anyone tell me two things, year/months he did the ‘47 Chevy build up as well as that early ‘50s Chev?

And really...how tall was Pat physically? As his stature in the ridding would is impossible to measure...

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

do not know answers to your questions - but do know that he took over Rod&Custom after Bud Bryan

hrm2k and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Uhh image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Here’s the photos and article that @pgan wrote about his roadster and his then newly finished shoebox Ford in TRJ #56. image.jpg

5. primed34

primed34

R&C came back after about a 15 year hiatus with Pat at the helm around 1989. I'd look at the issues from then to around '93 maybe a little later.

Just Gary likes this.
  6. ...I'm still hopin they bring back R&C ...and Hot Rod Deluxe!

7. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I'd have to go dig through my magazine stacks to see exactly, but the 1951 Chevy was early on in the rebooted R&C - sometime in the first year or two. That was a fun build series to read about, he worked on it from the basis of how a young kid with limited funds would have done it back in the day (one thing in particular I remember was how he rubbed out and waxed the primer spots.) :)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. redo32

redo32

My Rodders Journal and Hot Rod magazines (1949-current)are indexed and shelved, so it's time to pull out Rod and Custom and put them in order. Then I can access and read Pat's editorials and articles.

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yeah I knew that but wanted something a little more precise as I have a lot of R&C to go through. Thanks anyway...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

11. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I think many of us have the same problem you do.... "I have a lot of R&C to go through" Love your idea. Somewhere in my poorly stored records, there's a link for Magazines and articles. If I find it and see that it's what we might all enjoy.

Hamtown Al likes this.
  12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Looking forward to it...

13. redo32

redo32

14. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Thank You Redo32!

15. firemangordy

firemangordy

Saw this at Donut Derelicts about 3 years ago.
    IMG_0359.jpg

lumpy 63, '40 Coupe Fan and Just Gary like this.
  16. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Me too!

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

R&C magazines are getting dusted off all around the country as we speak. we will read these again with a much better appreciation for what PG did for all of us old Hot Rod guys.

sold everything but R&C and Rodders Journal a few years back on ebay.

I started buying magazines in 1972. that was a bunch of auctions.