Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edsel freaks

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dustin 257, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Dustin 257

Dustin 257
    from Dallas

Finally posting here. My son came in love with edsels. We own 4 now. We started a rebuild on his 58 Corsair. But I appreciate all the advice I’ve gotten over the years on this site.

Attached Files:

2. Welcome from another dad of a kid that fell in love with his Edsel (which Phil references the thread above). Seems we are actually fairly close together as well and may get opportunity to run into each other in person sometime.

pprather likes this.
  3. Dustin 257

Dustin 257
    from Dallas

Pprather I did read that thread the other day. I was surprised. I thought my kid had to be the only one wanting an Edsel. Now I know there’s at least 2 lol. I’ll make a thread later about our wagon find.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    pprather likes this.

4. Dustin 257

Dustin 257
    from Dallas

Guthrie I saw you was north of Oklahoma City. You ever come down to the Jefferson Texas car show?

5. No sir. I honestly don’t do may car shows. I used to make it down to the LSRU in Austin, but haven’t in several years now. I also helped with some of the Hot Rod Hundreds we did in the Ft. Worth area as well. Oh, and have made it to the Texas Thaw in Denton.

Jeff

6. that is quite the pretty patina on that corsair!

7. Dustin 257

Dustin 257
    from Dallas

Thanks. I sure do hate to sand it all off. It’s one of the best I’ve ever seen. But son wants a full restore.

8. mercmike430

mercmike430
    from Aptos CA
    1. MEL Lovers

I love the patina but I know it will be amazing after the resto.

Edsels are cool.

9. Dustin 257

Dustin 257
    from Dallas

Thank you sir. Boy has changed his mind. I think he appreciates the originality of it now. It’s one of 3 green on green on green (that has been recorded to date). So can’t change the color. Might never find another all most rust free 2 door Corsair.

plan now is full restore (body already off) leaving the paint untouched. Re chrome everything also.

frame is ready to go, waiting on pistons from wiesco and the tranny.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    guthriesmith likes this.