Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rods At Goodwood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Hot Rods At Goodwood

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Get better man, look after yourself!

dana barlow likes this.
  3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The Virus is nothing to take lightly and screw around with.
    Take the time to get back in good health.
    Relapses are common when you’re half ass better and try to work.
    Take the time to get better.

41 GMC K-18, slim38, alanp561 and 2 others like this.
  4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Ryan, you already had the hot rod virus.....never going to get rid of that though!
    Get well.

5. I know Ken, Keith and those folks had a blast over there!

Never driven a hot rod in an RHD country but it sure is weird in a fullsize squarebody pickup or Humvee!

dana barlow likes this.
  6. Jim Wood

Jim Wood

I did realize they allowed Hot Rods at Goodwood. Very cool!
    REVS Museum had the BRM (British Racing Motors) car there which won the World Championship with Graham Hill at the wheel. This was the 60 year celebration.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

God bless all in need :cool:,and too those of us who are also blessed with hotrod crazy's!

MyChruch.jpg

8. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I just finished up with 3 weeks of it, it affects your drive to get back to work. At least you got a trip to Goodwood out of it.

alanp561, Tim, milwscruffy and 2 others like this.
  9. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn .Get better. I can't like that post, even though Goodwood is at the top of my list.

10. Kinda weird how it affects people differently. We all had it at the same time. For me it was a mild cold, for my wife it was a terrible, awful cold. For my 4 kids it was the sniffles, they didn't believe me when I told them they had it. For my step dad, he never recovered, turned into pneumonia and that was it.

11. cabong

cabong

I had the pleasure of being invited to the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2000. I was asked to suggest a couple more cars of that era. I suggested the Navarro roadster and Max Balchowski's Ol Yeller. What a great time. I took Ak Miller and Ray Brock and of course, my wife Nancy. We met great people, including Sir Sterling Moss. The people of England seem to know more about our racers than we do.
    I had the misfortune of getting into an argument with a 1 ton hay bale during one of the runs, and did some damage to the El Caballo. I posted a message on the message board that I needed a lift and tools to do the repairs. A guy in a Rolls pulls up to my pit and suggests that I follow him, and naturally I did. We went to a building on the grounds that was built many centuries ago, and passed through massive wood doors, to find a very modern shop there in. Turns out, this is where they do the repairs on their many John Deere tractors and other equipment. My brother (who lived in England at the time) and I went to work pulling the front end apart to make the necessary fixes. At about 2 in the morning, we are about done, when there is a loud knock on the doors. In walks a gentleman in tails, with a tray in one hand. "Tea and bisquits gentlemen", he asks in that wonderful British accent. Now that is the way to be treated. And a great time was had by all !!! Goodwood program.jpg Goodwood.jpg

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You can't make that stuff up, great story!

Outback likes this.
  13. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My youngest daughter got a bad enough case of Covid-19 that she spent 5 weeks in the hospital and another month at home on oxygen before she tested negative. She's a hard worker and it upset her that she didn't have the endurance when she went back to work that she had before. She's one of the best cooks I know and a year later, one of her side effects is she still can't taste anything. This virus is nothing to mess with so, @Ryan, take care of yourself. Don't try to get that last little thing done until you actually feel well enough. We'll all still be here when you're yourself again.

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

You probably had the flu. Get your shots?

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

pffft… Doctor Lippy over here…

Vaccinated and double boosted, but I have RA and take a drug called Humira which kills my over active immune system. Covid is pretty dangerous for me… even the lesser variants that are running around now. It really kicked my ass. I’m still weak as hell, but my chest is starting to clear up.

Outback, Dan Hay and 57 Fargo like this.
  16. chiro

chiro

Get better quick, boss. My wife currently has it for the second time. I had it for the third time 2 weeks ago. It's not fun.
    Andy

17. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I'm glad your better! And there's no charge this time. :D

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Four of us caught it on a plane headed west last year. We were all up on our shots. It was mild, we were lucky.
    My wife still has taste issues. Soda pop tastes like dawn dishwashing soap.
    It’s hard on the family trying to isolate.
    Hope you come out of it ok.

great video. Would love to be there.

19. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Get well @Ryan . After routine blood work docs told me I most likely had RA, possibly lupus and scleroderma. They scared the hell out of me. Did testing for months and said I’m borderline on all the above according to blood work. They said to go back and retest in 6 months but I never did. That was 3 years ago and I’m still kicking. I’ve done the research so I know a lot about it now. Scary stuff for sure.

20. Fortunately, I have been spared catching the virus or it's variant, I followed the suggestion of both my doctors to take the vaccine and the boosters, due to health issues.

I've lost a cousin & a nephew and realize the ramifications can be life threatening to anyone who is exposed, even if they are in good health.

Ryan, and anyone else who are infected please listen to the doctors and take care of yourselves, the pandemic environment has improved but we are not out of the woods yet! HRP

Just Gary likes this.