Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Steve Coonan at Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Aug 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There you go! I knew you'd be on top of it, Don ;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

That’s one reason I dropped multiple subscriptions years ago! And in hindsight I’m extra glad I did because most of the magazines I subscribed to are long dead. Even though it may cost a little more buying off the rack is way less aggravating!

gnichols, Tman, HemiDeuce and 2 others like this.
  3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

TRJ was the first one I ever subscribed to because I wanted to support them when the others were dropping like flies in a freezer.

I usually just did the same thing in years past buying issues of the different titles off the newsstand.

I don’t regret subscribing I’m hopeful that the road will be smoother this time.

4. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I stopped by Rodders's Journal in Louisville and had a good conversation with Steve. He seems very down to earth, sincere, and determined to honor subscriptions and bring the book/magazine back to it's previous status. IMO, I would give Steve some time to bring things back to some normalcy. I did purchase #85, and it looks and feels exactly like the previous issues.

5. Curt Six

Curt Six

Prior to joining Winters Performance last year, I worked for TRJ for 10 years—and I've known Steve a little longer than that. He's nothing if not determined...and honest. He's been working toward this comeback since the moment things started going sideways, and I'm proud of him for standing there in Louisville—face-to-face with anyone who supports him and anyone who's pissed at him—with a new issue in hand.

Right now he's pretty much a one-man band, which gives some context for the lack of response to emails, voicemails, etc. I understand the frustration with not being able to reach anyone at the office (especially with regard to address changes), but I am guessing that now that the issue has printed and the Nationals have passed he's probably going to give all of those address changes his attention as he gets subscriber mailings out the door.

6. Well said, Curt. Thanks for the response to this thread.

7. Danny -

As @lothiandon1940 already mentioned, @TRJ is no longer in Virginia ... Steve Coonan relocated to Maryland during the pandemic:
    • @TRJ's new mailing address is: 24848 Meeting House Rd., Denton, Maryland 21629
    • @TRJ's new phone number is: (410) 479-4360
    As @Blue One mentioned, @TRJ no longer has a social media presence ... i.e., no one has manned their Facebook or Instagram accounts since January of 2021.

When you "had correspondence with them" via Brenda's Facebook page, you most likely clicked on one of the five (5) Facebook Messenger app "Ask" buttons:

TRJ Facebook (Business) page is NO LONGER Active.JPG

... which probably sent Brenda's Facebook Messenger app an "auto reply" message similar to this:

TRJ Facebook (Business) Messenger Auto Reply Message.png

8. Magfiend

Magfiend

Hope he has 78 or 79 (can't remember exactly which) as I was shorted that one in my subscription as well as the last one or two...

9. Nobey

Nobey

I can's imagine why......Ha!

Outback and Royalshifter like this.
  10. That definitely sheds some light on things. Thanks. Honestly, even if it did get sent to the wrong address, with the amount of guys and what they've said, and they actually know Steve. He would make it right.

At least that's my thoughts on it. I was a little hot under the collar previously, mainly from trying to reach him, and I may have let that come out in my previous post on this thread.

Mainly I'm just excited it's back and don't want to miss it!

I appreciate the response from someone on the inside. Thanks.

11. Man I can’t wait to get it…

SilverJimmy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. primed34

primed34

You have to admit it takes a pair to man a booth at the Nats after all that has gone on. Hang in there Steve.

13. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Hard to deny that!

I honestly believe, and I thought this before the nationals, there was no malice in what has been happening. I think Steve is a stand up guy.

14. I got a subscriber email blast last night. Check your email today for the current update from Steve.

15. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I received mine earlier this morning. I believe he answered most of the questions that have been discussed on this thread. I have no doubt that in time Rodders Journal will be better than ever. Thank You Steve! (I have every issue from #1 to 84 and patiently waiting for #85)

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The whole idea that some folks thought malice was involved mystifies me. Like Steve was sitting around and thinking, "I know how I could really get one over on all those assholes that have supported me through the years - I will destroy my legacy and shut down my business!"

It's asinine.

If you guys want a print publication to even exist, now is the time to support TRJ. I think Steve has a long road ahead of him and it's gonna be tough for sure... but if anyone can pull this off, it's Steve... all we have to do is appreciate it.

17. .........True words.

18. Well dang, I didn't get it. I'm pretty sure I'm a subscriber.

hrm2k and guthriesmith like this.
  19. unforgiven

unforgiven
    from East Tn

I got an email from them today. Very glad to see progress. From the beginning you could tell it’s a small operation. Hopefully he can get at least one more person on board soon to spread the work out.

20. Flathead47

Flathead47
    from ontario

Got my e-mail this morning , being an international subscriber was good to read that he has enough #84 issues that he will be shipping us both #84 & #85 in the next week ... glad to know he has been able to work thru the rough move from the west to east coast .... all he needs now is our continued support ....

21. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

This is a link to the latest update that was sent out, for those of us who aren't on the mailing list: https://mailchi.mp/roddersjournal/happy-new-year-479596 In the past I always bought the magazine at Barnes & Noble, but Steve says they aren't going to be stocking at the big box stores anymore, so watch for it at your local speed shop or independent bookseller.

22. Yep, got an email as well.

23. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Got my blast this morning.

lothiandon1940 and Hamtown Al like this.
  24. For those that didn't receive the email blast:

TRJ Logo.jpg

TRJ Update and #85 Announcement

TRJ #85 (1).jpg

Greetings from The Rodder's Journal!

It has been sometime since we have sent out a Rodder’s Journal email blast to you, but we are excited to announce that we are in full swing and working hard to get back on track. It has been a tough road getting back to this point, but we’re confident we are headed in the right direction, and we are excited about the future.

You may have heard that we debuted the new issue, TRJ #85, this past weekend at the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, Kentucky. First of all, we would like to thank everyone for the positive and supportive reception we received. Thank you to all that took the time to stop by.

We’d like to give you a quick run-down on where things stand without going into too much gory detail. You will be able to read more about all of that in the Editorial of TRJ #85.

But, first off, we do want to thank you for your patience, and your continued support in all of this. Failure is not an option and we have never faltered in our efforts to continue with The Rodder’s Journal. It has been a tough couple of years and many challenges lay ahead, but we firmly believe that we are well on track to bring the Rodder’s Journal back to its former glory.

TRJ Booth @ 2022 NSRA Nats - Louisville.jpg

• As mentioned above, we debuted TRJ #85 at the Street Rod Nationals this past weekend. The response was overwhelming and at times a little emotional, we couldn’t be more excited to get this issue out for all to see. Again, thanks to all that stopped by.
    • Rodder’s Journal #85 is at the mailing house ready to ship. It will ship out to all current and Lifetime subscribers in the next few days. At Louisville we were asked quite a few times if existing subscriptions including Lifetime subscriptions will be honoured and the short answer is yes.
    • For those of you that are not subscribers and prefer to pick up your copy in person. We will be shipping our Dealer copies over the next few days as well. We will not be going back to the large retail newsstands at big box retailers, so check with your local hot rod shop or independent book retailer in the next couple weeks to see if they have it in stock.
    • Our idea was really just to get an issue finished and out to you, so a lot of the logistics such as customer service phone calls, emails etc. are on the back burner until we have the capacity to handle them all. We expect that in a few weeks we should be able to start taking phone calls on the same 1-800-750-9550 number as we have in the past and answering any query emails at [email protected] too.
    • We are also rebuilding the website from the ground up. But all of this will take time. We will keep you posted as we make these changes.
    • We are also working on the previous orders that have not been shipped yet or were returned to us during the pandemic. Most of these are accounted for and will go out in the next few weeks. We apologize for the delay on this, but we do plan to get everybody what they paid for.
    • On the International front, we know that the vast majority of subscribers did not get TRJ #84. We now have enough TRJ #84s and #85s to go to each international subscriber and they are at the mailing house ready to ship. We hope to have these out in the coming weeks also. Due to being two magazines, we are looking at the logistics of shipping both together, so this may take a little longer. We are also altering the procedure to hopefully ensure that the vast majority of subscribers actually get the magazine.
    • We are already in the midst of producing TRJ #86 and it’s beginning to shape up into what we think is a great issue. We’ll bring you more details of what to expect soon.
    We are still rebuilding from the ground up, so it will take time, but you can be sure that we are working as hard as we can to get TRJ back to where it once was if not better! We are sure that this email will raise as many questions as it answers, but we believe it is a start towards continuing to publish what we believe is a quality hot rod and custom car magazine and solving all of the problems that we all have encountered over the past couple of years.

Once again, thank you for your patience and support. We will try to keep you all as updated here as possible.

Sincerely,

The Rodder’s Journal

TRJ #85 (3).jpg

TRJ #85 (4).jpg

TRJ #85 (5).jpg

TRJ #85 (6).jpg

TRJ #85 (10).jpg

TRJ #85 (12).jpg

TRJ #85 (9).jpg

Copyright © 2022 The Rodder's Journal, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving The Rodder's Journal Newsletter because you opted in when you created an account
    either by phone, mail or at our website, http://www.roddersjournal.com.

Our mailing address is:
    The Rodder's Journal
    24848 Meeting House Road
    Denton, Maryland 21629

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    Outback, gnichols, Malcolm and 8 others like this.
  25. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I have lived at the same address for over 46 years and bought a life time subscription and received one magazine. I think we have a better chance of seeing the TITANIC Raised than the Rodder Journal coming back. I personally think it a SCAM.

A32Flathead and PoTaToTrUcK like this.
  26. There are multiple of us posting in this thread that have cars in issue #85. Pretty elaborate scam to have interviewed us for that.

On another note, I also received the newsletter blast at 5am today. Mentions subscriptions being shipped in a few days....No mention of address changes if needed...

Royalshifter and Graham08 like this.
  27. Pointless I know….I’m a sucker for punishment…how exactly is this a scam? He’s not taking anyones money until he’s gotten caught up is my understanding….seems like a pretty long drawn out scam.

@Ryan unfortunately it’s pointless to allow these threads to stay open as people are incapable of acting like adults.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  28. I stopped by their new HQ’s yesterday on my way home from work and Steve personally handed me the new issue! Like Curt said, he’s a one man show pretty much at the Denton office. Glad to see he’s getting back on track! He’s a good guy!

7FDC8991-520C-4CC0-BC71-05860E9BE7E4.jpeg

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You are wrong. I know that's hard to admit to yourself... especially given the times... but you are, in fact, wrong. I've held it. I've seen it with my own eyes.

That doesn't mean TRJ is gonna be around forever, but Steve is trying hard to get back to a regular schedule. You can support him or you can go away.

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think it has more to do with intellect.

In today's era, I think people make up their minds about something, set it in stone, and then refuse to learn past what they already have in the mind because doing so is almost like admitting a weakness in a time of uncertainty. It's seemingly safer to just assume your bias is correct and discount everything else.

In the process, intellect is lost... especially on the internet when the repercussions are only seemingly limited.

metlmunchr, Baumi, Blue One and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.