Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Part7: 4spd OD on a flathead in a 1932 Ford. Overdrive mods and repairs completed. (2247)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Mart

Mart

Hello and welcome to Part 7 of my Volvo transmission swap. In previous videos I took care of the adaption of the gearbox to the engine and started the adaption of Ford torque tube drive to the output end of the overdrive. In this video I finalise the mods and carry out some repairs to the overdrive unit.. Thanks for joining me once again in Mart's Garage.
    Mart.

2. lowrd

lowrd

I know it's not all that simple, but your explanations make the process seem almost effortless.

3. This is a great project and shows what can be done when you just attack problems one at a time.
    I just watched the video that was about the rear mount, and had a thought or two.
    While that rubber mounting ring clamps well around the transmission keeping it centered so it can't move, you may want to do something to keep it from moving forward and back. With all the forces of driving and braking being transmitted to the transmission/engine the engine pushes the car, and stops the car. with that rear mount having forward and rear movement on the transmission the only thing holding the assembly is the front motor mounts/water pumps. Maybe I missed something I'm sure you have a plan.

4. Mart

Mart

Hello Tom. Thanks for checking out the videos. Front and rear location is taken care of the engine steady rods. I apply my own take on the subject as will be revealed in a future video. Thanks for thinking about it. Mart.

46international likes this.

5. SPEC

SPEC

Excellent video Mart.

6. Great, I should have known you had it all figured out