Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Friday Art Show.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Aug 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S'more of my brother's cartoon artwork... 34artscotty_4.jpg 34artscotty2.jpg 34artscotty3.jpg

Sancho, Jeff Norwell, robber and 20 others like this.
  2. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

The fact that 57 Corvette Bob decided to pack it in bites. He does
    auto art proud. He knows how to produce art and present it.

Sancho, Lil32, R A Wrench and 9 others like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Flat Roy and Jigger like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cartoon_Bonne_Coupe.jpg

Setting Sun Salt Assault

...a vintage work of mine.

Sancho, Flat Roy, robber and 15 others like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The37KidprojectV4xx.jpg

:rolleyes:...a little inspiration for Hamber @The37Kid's ongoing project looking like a mild pre war Custom...Class

I believe he wants a pretty powerful engine so that may be a more modern offering...

Credit to All That Inspired This

Flat Roy, Spoggie, robber and 15 others like this.
  6. I'll miss 57CorvetteBob's weekly contributions and wish him luck in the future!!

7. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob, you will be missed!:(

8. Monster Rods attack ! Here's my latest toon of one of the baddest monster hot rods on the planet...CoupeZilla !

I have been contemplating addressing the issue with Bob and the Friday art show and refrained from posting last week and almost didn't post this week. But after a lot of thought I decided I would/should do so. I came to the HAMB from Motorburg (another artist community that's no longer running) over 12 years ago. It was comprised of many notable and influential automotive artists from past and present. Norwell, Ervin and several others that were posting art here were also a part of that community. When I migrated to the HAMB it was specifically to follow my constituents here. The content and caliber of the weekly event was top notch and unrivaled anywhere on the internet from a hot rod perspective. Everything from conventional mediums to digital art was displayed. It was pretty amazing and definitely a unique amalgamation of some of the best talent in this genre probably ever assembled. Of course over time, the interest and the ability of the contributors to maintain the Greatest Hot Rod Art Show on Earth came to an end and one by one they left. I seriously felt that the FAS would have been put to rest years ago but, apparently all wasn't lost. It simply changed. I would love to see it go back to its former glory but that will never happen. So, what remains is basically an outlet for a few of us to post things on a weekly basis. And by things I mean "things". There's very little art content. I hate to be frank on this but the "Art" part of the show has pretty much been diminished almost to a point of non-existence. But... none the less, the HAMB has allowed this to continue, for years now. Don't get me wrong fellas, I'm not bashing anyone nor am I trying to be rude or crude toward anyone. My point in all of this is...to open some eyes. After last weeks post by Jeff I never would have expected to come on here this week and see all the sympathetic posts regarding Bobs decision to leave. Bob has continually posted work that has flagrantly broken the rules. I'll bet even he has lost count of how many times his work has been yanked. He should have been banned a long time ago, and I can tell you from experience most Moderators wouldn't have withstood him as long as the HAMB has. I have nothing against Bob, I enjoyed his work but he put this whole thing in serious jeopardy. I don't have sympathy for anyone who gets as many chances and still chooses to disregard the rules. So, I'm sure many of you will not like what I have said here, but it needed to be said. Am I perfect, no. I did have one of my pieces pulled once. But I went back over the rules and made sure not to repeat. I feel this can continue if everyone just simply understands and abides by a few simple guidelines. If not, then don't be surprised by the outcome.

[​IMG]

wfo guy, Sancho, Flat Roy and 18 others like this.
  9. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Art, I guess everyone sees it with a different perspective. I will miss Bob's work partly because his integration of trains and hot rods in many postings, wonderful art IMHO.

So when I look at the drawing above, clearly Vonzemo is a talented guy but weirdly the first thing I notice is the Pro Mod scoop. I have no objections to it at all, just what catches my eye.

Flat Roy, themoose, quick85 and 6 others like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

robber, WalkerMD, Sancho and 15 others like this.
  11. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeff, I don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt, but I have no issues with running a tight ship. The only issue I have with your post is that it didn't contain any of your cool artwork. ;)

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Paging @Jeff Norwell

chryslerfan55 and jim32 like this.
  13. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

He's on sabbatical till he runs out of gas. :)

Jigger and Stogy like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...A Snarling Drive down the Highway to run the gage down is certainly warranted...I hope he took out the Truck...an awesome salute and tribute Artwork @Jigger

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
    Sancho, Vonzemo, b-bop and 14 others like this.
  16. Stogy that A sedan is cool.

cool show.

robber, Stogy and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  17. Another car ['28 sedan] I bought but I couldn't get enthused about so I sketched it out to see what some of my ideas might look like. It had to be chopped but that makes the rear side window look really long. I sketched it with a chop and about 4" taken out of the entire body right behind the doors. I liked it better but still not enough to make it a full-on project. 29fordsedandrarwing.jpg

chryslerfan55, robber, Stogy and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.