Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Friday Art Show.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Aug 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ok guys.. post up the your Creations.....
    We will pin this until Sunday evening/Monday Morning.... Please Keep it honest,Clean and Under the Hamb Guidelines.

Thanks!

guthriesmith, Jigger, D type and 7 others like this.
  2. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-8-5_3-31-49.png
    The Sadd Brothers Roadster at Pomona in 1964. At the time, the brothers used a 1949 Cadillac Hearse with a surfboard on the roof to push the roadster. Photo courtesy of Nick Sadd.
    upload_2022-8-5_3-32-50.png 1964
    upload_2022-8-5_3-34-19.png

Hello,

In looking at this 1964 photo in front of the spectator stands, reminded me of those times at Lion’s Dragstrip when the race cars came whipping up the "fire up lane" next to the “class lanes.” It was supposed to be isolated, so no one would get hurt. For those racers that did not want to push start down the dragstrip and back, this was the place. The Pomona photo above, recreated that moment in time.

“Sadd Brothers, Teague, and Bentley…these guys usually ran this roadster at the lakes and Bonneville, but also drag raced it…bright yellow, with an injected Chevy…later it would set Bonneville records with a blown Chrysler, until damaged in a return road accident…the body of the old Brammer, Burkhart, and Burns roadster was the replacement body….”

Jnaki

For those that like to win the Best Appearing Car, Crew, Tow/Push Car and all of the marbles, here is a color coordinated look, including a custom yellow longboard and matching custom fin.
    upload_2022-8-5_3-36-0.png

Attached Files:

Flat Roy, Vonzemo, Lepus and 19 others like this.
  3. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The photography is by me.
    DSC_5472 (3).JPG DSC_5473 (3).JPG DSC_5475 (2).JPG

Lil32, Flat Roy, rust&patina and 27 others like this.

4. I haven't posted art in a long time, mainly because I haven't done any in a long time. :rolleyes:

Since Jeff's passing I've been doing a "Memorial Pick" that I give to a car at the KKOA Leadsled Spectacular. I try to pick out a car that's had a lot of kustom work, AND that I think Jeff would've liked. Here's what I gave this year:
    Memorial_2022.jpg

5. guy1unico

guy1unico

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Jeff...I'm going to rerun last weeks submission without the mat...in small formats such as cellphones bigger is sometimes better...

20220805_092719.jpg

I really had fun with this...it's even my first time in a race and what a race it was...;)

Still wondering if anyone snapped up the Olds powered Studebaker Hotrod from FB a while back...it was a paltry 6.5k...

Credit to All that Inspired This

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  7. Sorry to hear your decision. I have enjoyed the work you have posted and will miss it for sure. I do hope you reconsider. I have had things removed also and it is what it is. I guess I'm too old to give a shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2022
    Lil32, Animal, oldsjoe and 10 others like this.
  8. I once had this raggedy old 37 Pontiac 4 door. Wondered what it would look like as a sedan delivery so I sketched it out; 37Pontiacart.jpg 37Pontiacindrive.jpg

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20220805_100520.jpg
    Dusting it Up

A collaboration with @hotrodjack33...

Quite a unique opportunity...thank you always...I still find it so interesting to be working with an Artist who was inking Streetrodder when I was dreaming and reading it as a teen in the 70s and eighties...

Credit to All that Inspired This

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  10. seems i missed something, what happened to read that 57 Corvette Bob quit posting? I enjoyed his stuff all the time...

11. wicarnut

wicarnut

You will be missed, hopefully with time your thoughts might change. IMO sometimes the moderators get a little picky with their rules, which I understand, HAMB site/HAMB rules. I don't post many pictures anymore because of same problem, missed the wheels or something as small as the incorrect/modern mirrors, headlamp type on a kustom. I get over it, I still enjoy the HAMB, my morning ritual, coffee/HAMB. I'm grateful and enjoy this site, best I have found so far, like you I made some friends here., always enjoyed your FAS. I started and have continued a Saturday art show for us less talented artistic wise rodders, has a pretty good following, mine concept is any period correct automotive art not just your own creations of the art. I used to post on your site, I did not know your rules/requirements, when made aware then I started my art thread. The Hobby in general is changing, so far the HAMB is a constant. Thank You for past efforts. Have a Great Day !

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

b-bop, Flat Roy, rust&patina and 28 others like this.
  13. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

From PRI several years ago.

Attached Files:

Flat Roy, Vonzemo, wicarnut and 14 others like this.
  14. If the art of roadsters gets your gears turning ( pun intended) I give you this Ardun powered ‘32. 5DF189D3-C235-4996-AC9C-CB488A98A7E1.jpeg

Lil32, Flat Roy, rust&patina and 22 others like this.
  15. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

0_20220717_121714.jpg

Reflections

...even a cel-fie...:eek:

17. Thanks Jeff, the 'pin' was a sharp idea!

Sorry to see ya grab your ball and leave Bob. When you got it right, you got it so right.

Here's to a super safe, successful, speedy speed week on the salty slabs of Bonneville!

rearview32-3.jpg

MODIFIED27-2.jpg

Deuce_Rdstronsalt_01.jpg

... and fun cruising for all the rest!

No15_34_roadster_01_4web.jpg

Blue_Low_Slung_Rdstr_01.jpg

FLD_TRK_02a.jpg

18. 49_CHRYSLER-ANDY_YEE.jpg IMG_3075.jpg 61_Ponch_Air_Ride.jpg 63_Farmer_Catalina.jpg 62_Catalina_421_SD.jpg 63Chevywgn-2a.jpg

HJ_Detail_Signs_01_4web.jpg

19. robber

robber

Dardy bucket Steve! ... :cool:

..."D' boys are back in town"... :)
    cp 1126.JPG
    ... the Dodge brothers, that is... :)

20. Flat Roy, robber, Okie Pete and 14 others like this.
  21. kenmo

kenmo

I too will miss Bob's outstanding art.

Cheers

Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2022
    wicarnut, 40two, hotrodjack33 and 7 others like this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Jigger you reminded me...salt is in the air...bigtime...;) your work is stunning as always...

Just a shout out to you and the others that I enjoy all the works in their diversity and composition...I am truly honored to be able to share my works with you all and the membership. It's great to see new participants and former regulars return...high fives Hambers...

El-Mirage_ThunderV3.jpg

Credit to All That Inspired This

b-bop, Flat Roy, robber and 19 others like this.
  23. Of course, if the art of coupes is more your thing, well here ya go. 155B8B20-E22E-4504-B5DA-22FD60BDCF50.jpeg

24. twenty8

twenty8

A big thank you to all who submit their stuff to these 'Friday Art Shows". I always look forward to checking out what is offered every week from some very talented people. It's sort of like a HAMB highlight for me.

I don't think it is such a big ask that even the art content conforms with the HAMB ideal. It is what we are about.
    I also very much hope that @57 Corvette ~ Bob and others keep contributing their absolutely inspiring creations for us all to enjoy. It would be a great loss to have them walk away. Please, let's not let this get out of hand.......:)

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sancho, b-bop, Flat Roy and 15 others like this.
  26. I asked my brother to do one of his cartoon sketches of my coupe 34art_Scotty1.jpg

Sancho, Flat Roy, robber and 20 others like this.
  27. 34side_18.jpg 34artblack34 (2).jpg Hey Jeff! Remember this? I patterned my car [very loosly] on your artwork. Love it![ATTACH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.