Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cost of new interior

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by treeman53, Jun 7, 2022.

1. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

It's funny how this conversation continues on in the context of interior but doesn't as much in the context of paint and body. If you take a car in primer or bare steel to Maaco or to Charlie Hutton/Art Himsl/Dave Shuten/Darryl Hollenbeck/etc., in both cases the car will return with paint on it. But the quality of the work you receive from the former will pale in comparison to the latter. Perhaps that's good enough for you. We all have different budgets and expectations. And there are also better values in terms of finding bang-for-your-buck with workmanship. There's nothing wrong with trying to get the most value for your dollar. And other times, you just want the best, regardless of what it costs. That's real luxury, and when that happens, of course the price is usually exorbitant. But if the finished product is stunning, perhaps that's worth it. Rational minds can differ on that topic.

arkiehotrods likes this.
  2. Sid Chavers is one of the best upholsters in the country and it shows in Blakes 27.

Blake 27 likes this.
  3. Blake 27

Blake 27

Thanks John! My interior is early style vinyl.
    Sid did my friend John's 27 Tub, traditional modern, in leather. Absolutely fantastic Quality!

1.JPG 1-1.JPG 2-1.JPG 3.JPG 3-1.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

4. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Early 2020, just before Covid went sent the world in a tailspin I was in Socal and decided to do a real traditional SoCal thing. I took my avatar to TJ. With the help of Magoozi and Champions I was able to get the front seat, side panels, door panels and kick panels done. The bid was cheap enough that I had them build a rumble seat from scratch and they did the side panels in the rumble seat area as well. It wasn't like the old days when you could get a car done in a day but they did it all in 3 and a half days using marine vinyl and thread from the states. The total cost was $1050.00 complete. The quality far exceeds what was done in the states on my 40 Tudor at a fraction of the cost. I drive the car a lot and its been in sand storms, rain and snow and miles of dirt roads. I couldn't be more satisfied. Your results may differ. IMG_4013.jpg IMG_4015.jpg IMG_4020.jpg IMG_4024.jpg