Register now to get rid of these ads!

Upholstery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barefoot, Feb 22, 2006.

1. barefoot

barefoot

Does anyone know of a good upholstery shop in the San Jose,CA area? I want to have some work done on my caddy.

any help would be great.

Thanks
    brad

2. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

3. barefoot

barefoot

come on folks i need some names.

4. Cranium

Cranium

Yeah, it's a 6 1/2 month bump, what of it? I have the same question.
    I'd like some good-looking, creative work, somewhere in 408 or 831 land.
    SOMEbody's gotta have a car done around here!

5. Brad,

talk to Willie, see the work the guy in Salinas did on the 52 or 53 Caddy he had at the shop, and Trevors '58, and Brians Phat Caddy....

6. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

7. seldom scene

seldom scene

You are in the land of famous upholstery shops! Just pick up the yellow pages, or any Hot Rod and Custom magazines. Be prepared to air out your wallet, good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good.

8. Cranium

Cranium

Unfortunately, you're right. There are a thousand upholstery shops between here and Watsonville. Where to start?
    That's why I'm soliciting community referral. Sorta like when I need a good plumber, or a tree guy. Yeah, I could flip through one of the Yellow Pages books, and find a gajillion numbers of random folks, but it has worked out much better for me talking to my neighbors and getting guys that are referred to me.
    I'd love it if anyone that's had a good experience in the area could let me know, and I'd be super-grateful if I could check out some completed work.
    Thanks
    <MZ

9. brainfrz

brainfrz

Try Craig New at Craig's Auto Upholstery 408-379-3820, At 3030 Winchester Blvd, Campbell, Ca At the Corner of Hacienda and Winchester. I have not had work done by him but looking through the cars he's worked on and talking with him about upholstery, he knows his stuff. ~40 yrs in the business. Be a good guy to talk with. If your still looking.

Jon

10. Denny Gattis in Salinas did my '55 back in the late '90's. I showed him some magazine pics of what I wanted and he took it from there. Excellent work at a reasonable price. I don't have his address or phone #, but surely they're in the phone book.

11. Cranium

Cranium

Still looking for referrals

12. Cranium

Cranium

Anybody on here (aside from Willie!) familiar with a fellow named Alejandro (sp?) in Watsonville? Any pics?

13. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

I went to a guy who works from his home in Morgan Hill His name is Toscana. PM and i will try to dig up his phone number.

Brad

14. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Tijauanna.............Tuck 'n Roll, man...................

15. Here's a picture of an interior he did on this Caddy for Willie...Least I think it was him!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope thats a little help??

16. Cranium

Cranium

Yeah, that was him. BIG help. Thanks, Dave.

17. Your welcome, he did the interior on the 'Phat Caddy" owned by Brian on here too, as well as Kennys red '36 Ford, haven't got pic's of the interiors, but they will both be at Billetproof next week, and Trevors '58 Impala is stored at Willies shop in Campbell if you don't make Billetproof.

18. brainfrz

brainfrz

Brad,

Is your contact off of Santa teresa blvd in Morgan Hill? I drove by a rabch house down there with a 4-door plymouth for sale. They were advertising interiors, was gonna check them out for later use? Can you post pics of your interior?

Jon

19. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

That is him. He is a nice guy who does good work. He did my 59 caddy.
    It will be at Billetproof. Come by and look it over. Mine is the blue caddy. Just look for the Strangers car club and you will see it.

Brad