Register now to get rid of these ads!

History CAR CLUB PLAQUES

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 3, 2018.

1. jnaki

jnaki

Hey BN,

It seemed to me that most everyone that saw the movie, American Graffiti was gaga over the whole movie. It was fun to watch and it did have some memories that hit most from those good old days. But, it was a fantasy. For some, it seemed like that movie was the start of hot rods, custom cars, drive ins and car clubs. The movie portrayed all of those things (and more) as a fantasy and showcased it well.

It is hard for younger folks to remember that when that movie came out, for them, hot rod history started. The recollections and such, seemed like all history of hot rods and the teenage scene started with the movie. Our vast history from that time period was not real and real life for us old folks from the 50s to the late 60s as in the original movie time line was gone.

Jnaki

Those that continued to think that idea of hot rod history starting with American Graffiti was not real life. It was close, but was a well-written Hollywood movie and had characters that appealed to a lot of folks. Not to denigrate those younger folks, but there was real history in our old teenage and before years, with plenty of real life events to remember. Every generation had its characters and they were a real part of growing up in the respective areas of the USA. Before "A.G."

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

3. American Graffiti!

4. goldmountain

goldmountain

I designed this plaque for the club back in the eighties when the fiberglas '37 cabs were popular. The club has since reverted to the '34 three window hiboy plaque they had from the sixties. Since this is my plaque, I run it. IMG_1693.JPG

Jalopy Joker and jim snow like this.
  5. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

This one?

LeBarons_Lethbridge-2.jpg

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Someone also used your design to make some of these plaques. I'm guessing it's a bogus club ...

LeBarons_LosAngeles.jpg

7. goldmountain

goldmountain

Yes, that is the older plaque. As to the other one, I wish they had kept my font for Los Angeles. Not too concerned in any case.

8. Acres

Acres
    from Sweden

I aint got much of a collection but atleast i have four, heres three of them
    [​IMG]

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  9. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Anyone know anything about this club? I had someone contact me who was looking to see if I had any history about the Marauders.

Hello Canadian HAMBers. Can you help? ...

MaraudersCC_Edmonton.jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    stillrunners and Jalopy Joker like this.
  10. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

These questions keep popping up.

A lady contacted me about a plaque her dad had. Before he passed away, he asked her to research what may have been on it but she was unable to find any info. She continued to search and found my website and sent me a photo to see if I knew anything. I don't and neither do the contacts I know.

I'm wondering if anyone on the HAMB has info about the Los Dados car club that was based in Lincoln Heights, an area near downtown Los Angeles.

LosDados_LincolnHeights.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    Jalopy Joker likes this.
  11. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

The question above created another question after I searched O'Brien Truckers site to see if Dennis had any plaques with DICE in the name. All I found was this one ...

Dicessnas_Durango.jpg
    My new question is...

WHAT THE HELL IS A DICESSNA?

12. Dennis O'Brien did a wonderful job of casting these for our new club.. I was concerned a bit about how much detail I had put into the artwork, but I see here that details are seldom a problem!
    Pharaohs_Stoon.JPG

p.s. janki, note our spelling!!

-Dave

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  13. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

You got it right.

rodncustomdreams and GuyW like this.
  14. Greenblade

Greenblade

Rapid shifters founded 1952. Disbanded 1965
    Reestablished 2020.
    1st picture is the original plate
    2nd is the new plate (gonna paint mine blue)
    Screenshot_20220831-180246_Instagram.jpg 20220801_205734.jpg

15. Kustom1959

Kustom1959

After years of planning, plotting and general tomfoolery, our car club plaques are, finally, a reality! BF145A92-9D68-4162-9543-F36582B047BA.jpeg

16. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I seen one at antique store the other day. I didn’t get a pic but it said satans angels. I should’ve bought it.

stillrunners likes this.
  17. go back.....maybe a local club......

18. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

This one?

[​IMG]

lucky ink likes this.
  19. FWPD........Ft Worth Police Dept.........have another local one the PD and city......maybe support or ?

20. AB4E395B-32E9-471A-9AAF-EDE69FF7D1FC.jpeg
    Arlington, Tx

stillrunners and Jalopy Joker like this.
  21. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

No it was different than that one. No devil on this one.

22. That's a neat one.....YMCA ? Knights....like round table ? The far right one does look like a cam.....maybe ?

23. SR100

SR100

Looks like the logo for Optimist International, a service organization that was strong in the 40s & 50s. Not sure if its still around.

stillrunners likes this.
  24. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

000 club plaque.JPG
    Portsmouth, VA
    Here we are in 1978 with the club gas pump and banner with frame.
    PSRA78.jpg
    I'm pleased to report that we are still having a good time!

lucky ink, jackandeuces, GuyW and 6 others like this.
  25. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

Not sure what era this is from, but a friend of mine got it with some parts he purchased. Does anyone have any history on this club, or know if they still exist? FB_IMG_1669427548564.jpg

lucky ink and stillrunners like this.
  26. tarheelrodr

tarheelrodr

From late father’s stuff. We have 3 of these plaques, 3 jackets and box of membership cards.

Attached Files:

27. Designed by us and cast by Dennis OBrien. We are a chapter of the Modesto Pharoahs but wanted to have our own unique drag plates. Some of our older members still use the originals also. I see guys claiming the dictionary spelling "Pharaohs" is the only correct spelling. Good for you folks. There are at least 10 clubs that use that spelling and none of them are affiliated with eachother. Ours is spelled different on purpose and there is only ONE of us. Celebrating our 75th anniversary in 2023 and we currently have 140 chapters worldwide. My Tennessee chapter has right at 300 members counting the wives. Headquarters is still in Modesto. so I guess we're doing something right. IMG_6057.jpg 82012411_3044365228946964_7006819061262712832_n.jpg

28. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

29. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Pronounced oh-nee-ON-ta.

stillrunners likes this.