Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ford in a Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodder1932, Jul 17, 2022.

1. hotrodder1932

hotrodder1932

I am putting a 351 Windsor in my 1934 Ford with Walker radiator. I would appreciate any head start on finding radiator hoses to fit walker radiator. I have looked at the local NAPA and they dont stock hoses like the old days. The selection is more for smaller cars. Tom Richards. 715-776-1932

2. uncle buck

uncle buck

Look at a 7286 Napa hose for the lower. I have had good luck with that one

3. I have used this trick for finding the right hose for my cars, I purchased a couple of VW flexible aluminum heater ducts, you can install the engine and radiator and bend & flex the ducts to match your upper and lower radiator hoses.

After you have the pattern they hold the shape, take them to the pasts house and match them up. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the fun of being a HOT RODDER!!!

deathrowdave likes this.

5. I used a Speedway 90 degree steel elbow for the top and 2 short pieces of straight hose. That was with the 90 degree thermostat outlet.

6. My local parts places know me way too well.
    they’ll turn me loose behind the counter to hunt through whatever

Davesblue50 likes this.
  7. Do like HRP suggested and be prepared to buy a hose that is longer than what you need but has all of the right bends. Cut what you need and toss the rest. Just went through this with my 302.

8. Davesblue50

Davesblue50

My parts house also lets me root around for my parts. Saves both of us the aggravation.

anthony myrick likes this.
  9. I'm fortunate to be able to go in the back of our local NAPA and look through their hoses, I have always found something that works, I remember one crazy looking hose that I cut both ends and it turned out perfect. HRP

10. Are you using the water pump with inlet on passenger side or drivers?

osage orange likes this.
  11. A 90 degree thermostat housing will make it easier instead of the usual 45 degree one, as a hose with a single 90 degree is easier to find. I use Rock Auto pictures to narrow it down. The bottom hose will depend on which side the inlet is.

osage orange likes this.