Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Warford underdrive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Texas Rover, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Texas Rover

Texas Rover

I just picked up a Warford underdrive transmission. Weird thing about it is it was attached to a Chevy 4 speed. Did they make them for Chevrolet? I do not see any modifications. I always thought they were made for Ford. Email for pictures. I was not able to upload them.

2. grumpy gaby 2

grumpy gaby 2

I cannot answer your question, but am curious. I have an underdrive for a chevy, but cannot find a name.

3. Texas Rover

Texas Rover

Mine has all the Warford data embossed on it with a patented date of June 1 1923.

4. rusty valley

rusty valley

I have no facts here, but chevy was a big seller too in those days so I dont see why Warford would not cater to a broader market. I have had a couple of them over the years, but never installed one. I did have a Ruxtel in a model T for a while, and the extra low - low gear was nice for maneuvering in and out of my messy pole barn

Okie Pete likes this.

5. grumpy gaby 2

grumpy gaby 2

sent you a message with my e-mail dress.