Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hauling a car-it's there THX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olscrounger, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Parts haul to LARS.....:). If I had a truck and a big trailer I would try. I just did a 1200 mile trip to get a $500 Hillman in Dixon in 1 day......I'm stupid enough to do it again.

Tow Truck Tom likes this.
  2. Would this stuff be something Vern Tardel might either be interested in or able to find new owners for? He is apparently in Santa Rosa which doesn't appear to be too far from the south end of Lake County.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    Hot Rods Ta Hell and Tman like this.
  3. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

why don't people just call an auction company. they get some and you get some. win win i have never done it so i might not know why they don't.

Barn Hunter likes this.
  4. IronTrap

IronTrap

Thanks Crafty!

I’d be interested in learning more what he has. As mentioned we buy in bulk quite regularly. Distance isn’t a factor for us if the items are priced accordingly. Send me a DM if you’d like to connect

Nostrebor and gimpyshotrods like this.
  5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THX all--got 40 shipped. Still helping him sell stuff-lots of it up there

reagen, 5window and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  6. It cost me $1,600 to haul my Dodge truck and 92 Buickroadmaster station wagon from Sevierville T N to Edenton N C it’s a 8 hour drive,

bobss396 likes this.
  7. redo32

redo32

@USMercUte is in Williams. Maybe he can help or be interested in parts.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  8. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

gives me headache thinking about shipping costs.
    if you want any of my shit...come by.
    I’ll give it to you for a local price.

9. ffr1222k likes this.

10. Yep they are definitely high these days!

How close are you to the joint that has the VW van on the roof?? I bought an OT 66 Ambassador from them a couple of years ago on the way home with my 64 Grand Prix on the trailer! I have a sweet spot for "stacked headlight" cars!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

11. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

Is it drivable? Why not fly over and drive it home?

12. 5window

5window

BILL! What is this wedding news! Who's the fortunate partner? We will need many, many pictures!! All the very best to both of you. Jeff

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Uhaul has a pending lawsuit against Florida class for not returning trailers rented in CA.
    Numbers are high, it is in the news.
    Word was, "Don't rely on Uhaul for trailers out of Calif. They are all in points East."
    Look it up. Point being, if you fly here looking for magic carpet East, you may be visiting for a while.
    Also large airline pilots strike going on.

lumpy 63 and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  14. Hi Jeff,

Don't want to hijack the O.P.s thread, but....Thank you very much! The date is Monday the 18th (just a few days away) She wanted that day because it is the 1 year ann. of the day we met at an "All Class Reunion" from our school. We graduated together but did Not know each other. She loves the cars, the shows & cruises, in fact our 1st date was a large cruise locally on a Saturday night & then to dinner at a nice steak house.:D

We are headed to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Cherokee for our honeymoon, but since we will be there during the week, there will not be any car shows.

A couple of pics...In my Nash & us waiting for the Model A Clubs section of the Christmas Parade!

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

20210919_135209 (800x600).gif 259998772_4868036796563904_456273512365770447_n.jpg

15. 5window

5window

Lucky man, fortunate woman!

16. 5window

5window

I just counted a minimum of 20 transporters listed in the August issue of Hemmings. Call them all and if they don't want to do it, ask for a referral.

17. That is a good idea Jeff,

Many people forget about the ads in Hemmings these days! Before I transitioned onto the internet forums somewhere in the first few months of 2007, we had a 10 year long running ad for transporting in Hemmings & got quite a bit of business from it. Same as everywhere else though, you have to do the research when choosing a transporter!

God Bless
    Bill

5window and ffr1222k like this.
  18. 62rebel

62rebel

Observations from reading this thread: Hoarding parts/cars is a risk if you are getting old, sick, or both; or if you live in bumfuck egypt.
    Getting RID of the stuff you've hoarded up, in a hurry, is a huge pain in the ass especially if you're sick and need to do doctor stuff frequently.
    Fuel costs are outrageous now more than ever. I remember the 73 shortage and lines at the stations, rationing, limits, etc... except NOW there's no SHORTAGE, just inflated pricing.

olscrounger likes this.
  19. 5window

5window

I distinctly remember driving into a Hudson gas station in Coralville, Iowa in 1973 and telling my wife we were going elsewhere-I was not going to pay 35 cents a gallon for gasoline!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    62rebel and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  20. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

my place is about 4 miles east in downtown kingman az. right south of 66 and the bnsf tracks.

21. mrspeedyt and 5window like this.