Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Morris Roadster....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE-SYNDICATE, Jan 22, 2012.

1. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Whoa! Old thread with so many changes! Finally sent the car off to paint yesterday after 22+ years of start/stopping on this damn project. Hopefully it all comes together in the next 4-6 months and then it's off to Sid's for upholstery in March of 2023.

B761C4F9-BB50-48A5-903B-191CA246A754.jpeg

2. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

3. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

And Yes, I still have the shop truck. :) Alive and well...

4447E1D2-DDD3-4720-9025-0D42FF043193.jpeg

4. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Great to see an update! Loved the shop truck build - awesome. Glad to see it's still around as well.

5. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Thanks Man! Yeah I've been a busy person with all the BS we deal with in life these days but I have somehow managed to finally push this project towards the finish line after 22 yrs. I sold the Cackle Car about 2 years ago as well as the restored V-Drive Boat. I was really shooting for getting this on the road this year and blasting down for the Father's day event in LA but there was just too much work to conquer in order to pull that off. Having the date with the interior guy really sets the finish line mark and I'm certain that I'll have this wrapped up before next summer.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

Looks nicely put together despite the fact that it's yet another sbc powered 32 roadster. It will blend in nicely among a crowd of street rods.

7. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that your ace helper is also your project inspector, right?

8. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Ha! Look again…. The Small Block is long gone and I managed to tuck a 427 BBC in the same spot. I really drifted towards a lot of features from the ‘67 corvette and tried to incorporate them tastefully into the finished product. The factory cast exhaust manifolds, factory bucket seats, wood steering wheel, factory taillights with custom machined bezels. I even had new gauges made with GM Vette artwork to fill the dash. My last V-Drive boat came with a 425HP/427 and after zipping around the lake I had to have that same engine in a car. It’s a tight squeeze but it’s all under that 25-Louvered hood.

cheers,

RM

9. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

10. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

11. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

BEEF! It’s what’s for dinner….

Attached Files:

rod1 likes this.
  12. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Ha! My helper turns 15 on Friday. Hopefully he’s ready to assemble shiny parts here soon enough.

Cyclone Kevin and chryslerfan55 like this.